1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero only see drive as 2X

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shredhead, Sep 14, 2004.

1. shredhead

shredhead Guest

I have a plextor712A and all the firmware is up to date...but Nero only sees the drive as 2x and does not recognize any higher. CLoneDVD has no problem seeing it and it gives me the option to go up to 12X. Nero experts plz help!

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Are you talking about the drive speed or the write speed? If it's the drive, run Nero and click 'Get System Info'. This would give you the read and write speed of the drive. There shouldn't be any problem with this because Nero is widely used for testing PCs. If it's the write speed during a burn job, on my system, Nero checks everything automatically and displays the options that I have. However, to play it safe, I always ask Nero to determine the best write speed. Could this be the source of your problem? If not, try bring it to Nero.

3. shredhead

shredhead Guest

sorry for the late response, its the write speed. I
    ran Nero's InfoTool and its says goes up to 48x when the Plextor only goes to 12x. Also on the ASPI tab, it reads,"ASPI installation is corrupt". When I try to burn a new compilation, on the burn tab, the write speed drop down menu displays only 2.4x(3,312). What's going on here?.... BTW thanks for the help.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., first on ASPI: ON my system, I can actually choose between 'System ASPI' and 'Nero ASPI'. So when you say you got the corrupt message, are you saying that's all you got? If yes, then maybe you should uninstall, and re-install Nero all over again. If this persists, then I would talk to Nero. After all, they know their product best.

The write speed problem is probably connected. So why not try to solve the ASPI problem first?

5. wylds

wylds Guest

I have just installed Nero Ultra 6 and when I check with the info tool and click on the aspi tab it says the aspi files are missing. Suggestions please.

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

wylds,
    If you are running XP you do not need the ASPI layer. I also have not D/L'd an ASPI layer and have had no problems. If you look the Nero ASPI is there you just have to click on it ( I think the box says System ASPI)

7. wylds

wylds Guest

Car.Mike
    Got it thanks for the help!

8. shredhead

shredhead Guest

scf, i was also having this problem. when I was ripping with DVDShrink, at %99 it would start over again! So i had to wait almost an 1 hour(cause my PC is slow) just to find out DVDShrink was going to try to rip it again!(Anybody experience this?) I was about to lose it. After trying to be Mr. Troubleshooter for 2 nights, I just reinstalled it and I am sane again.But I still can't figure why it freaked out like that...oh well it works now. Thanks again tho'...I appreciate it..btw mike and wylde thanks for highjacking my thread:p

9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Re. DVD Shrink I got no comment. I'm a lazy person, so whenever my software fails me, I always try to re-install it to see what happens. This usually works.
    *_*