1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero over CloneCD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cmwgimp, Mar 13, 2005.

1. cmwgimp

cmwgimp Member

So I've copied many PS2 games using Nero, and doing it "on-the-fly" with the PS2 disc in my CD-RW/DVD-Rom, and of course the media in the DVD+-RW. None of the copies have had any problems.
    Well, I copied a bunch more, but this time using CloneCD, and not doing on the fly, because my CD-RW/DVD is on the fritz.
    Well, of the like 14 games I copied, they ALL have very slow loading times, the audio and video is not in sync, along with being choppy.
    Should I stay away from CloneCD?
    Oh yeah, and DVD Identifier displays the media as being RitekG05... they are 30-pack spindles of Memorex DVD-R discs.
    and of course I'm only copying the games for back-up purposes.

2. hardwoodg

hardwoodg Guest

if everything was fine with nero why change to clone cd to begin with? also I never reccomend burning with on the fly just because every once in a while they may not work properly but I guess that has to do more with your pc specs. anyways stick with nero it's what I use and never has giving me a problem with any kind of backup

3. cmwgimp

cmwgimp Member

I have no clue why I tried CloneCD... figured why not, should work just fine.
    Makin another copy with of a game with Nero now to see what happens.

4. keras

keras Regular member

I use Roxio Creator 6 and have had no coasters as of yet. I started out using Decrypter (which I love), but I started having problems with it for games. (no clue as to why)

5. cmwgimp

cmwgimp Member

well the copies with Nero are working fine... CloneCD didn't give me coasters, per say, but the discs loading time and whatnot frustrated me..
    but yeah, Nero's copies are working flawlessly