1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero problems with burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by adittel, Feb 19, 2007.

1. adittel

adittel Member

Hi, I recently made a Nero photo show (I have Nero Deluxe 4) and burnt a DVD to be able to play it on my TV. When I watch the show on the computer and the TV, the pictures seem "shaky" and fussy. Nero Tech support suggested that I update the firmware on my DVD recorder, after I sent them a CAB file. I did and tried again with the same bad results. The dimensions of the pictures are about 2272 x 1704 or 1800 x 1200. I also did a test in which I reduced the size (also suggested by Nero Tech) but increased the resolution of the picture (I used photohouse to modify my pictures). That did not work either. I am not sure what else to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Make your photoshow and watch it on your pc (without burning it) to see if there's a difference.
    That way you'll be able to say specifically where the problem stems from.

this could simply be a 'transition' or 'effects' issue.

3. adittel

adittel Member

I should have mentioned that when I see the photoshow on my computer, it looks good. It's just when I burn the DVD. Any suggestions?

4. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

Same thing here for me too. On the PC, it all looks great. Firmware up to date.

After reading here in the Afterdawn forums I realize I am not using a quality disc to burn to. My next step is to make sure I burn to a good quality disc like Verbatim.

Perhaps you should look into this as well adittel. Not only did the quality of my PhotoShows burnt into the DVD look bad, but my audio files I added to my project were, in places, of poor quality too.

Converting the PhotoShow to an Mpeg movie and then viewing on the PC looked just fine. Hence I suspect the quality of the disc!!

5. adittel

adittel Member

thanks, I will give try getting a high quality DVD.

6. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

good points Fwfireman, but for more than 1 Mpeg movie, i do the burning with nero vision.

7. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

I tried burning several different ways. I now have 5 or 6 shiney new coasters scattered about.

With the numerous mpegs in my project, the audio files there etc., I tried with NeroVision4 and NeroRom. Same quality.....CRAPPY.

Being new to this stuff and BEFORE gleaning the good info here, I was trying to burn these to Wally-World Maxell discs, you know, the ones my wife bought for $1.00 for a pack of 16,000,000 or whatever it was! lol

If however I do burn to a good disc like Verbatim and STILL get the bad quality....then I will be stumped all over again!

8. adittel

adittel Member

I burned the photoshows onto Hp invent DVD's. I thought those were good quality. I'd be very surprised if the problem is the DVD but it's worth trying. Is it my idea or are there many problems with Nero programs?
    Also, I think that there technical support is not much help. I have been very disappointed.

9. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

I like the Nero7 interface but still learning that too. I get more comfortable with it every day. Support??? Maybe after you send them all the stuff they want. Surely by now they have gotten enough "bug reports" to give you a general look here or look there without sending all that info right off the bat. Oopps....I rant!

Picked me up a stack of Verbatims this morning at Best Buy after I got off from the firehall. Will double check my project, maybe tweak a touch, re-read some things here and at fasfrank's place and then try a burn on them. Fingers, eyes, legs, arms and toes crossed it comes out fine.

If it don't, then I added a coaster to my collection and will be back here scratching my head!

Look in this thread and get an idea of burn quality.Maybe even run a test using one of those HPs and see what you get.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/35/415515

10. adittel

adittel Member

I'm new to all this and a lot of what people describe here is way over my head. I have Nero Photoshow 4 deluxe-not, Nero 7. Would that matter? I would think not. That program is very basic and doesn't have much of a help manual or anything so it is hard to troubleshoot. Good luck with the new DVD's and I'd appreciate your letting me know if it made a difference.

11. adittel

adittel Member

Oh, I forgot, thanks for the URL. Any idea of how I can get look at the quality of scan or get a copy?

12. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

I have PhotoShow Deluxe4 also. Converted the "Shows" to Mpgs and used those, plus photos with transitional effects, text for credits etc. and with all that used NeroVision and NeroRom to create my DVDs. That's where the "Quality" issue comes in with the discs.

I will let you know how the new discs work out after I burn one.

Having never used the Nero CD-DVD Speed program, included in Nero7, I am now figuring that out. LOL "Step by step, inch by inch...." I am learning this stuff.

And you are right, sometimes these folks are talking "Gibberish" to me also. But they were NEW once too, like you and me.

Will keep you posted here. Let me know if you find anything out on your own. Later adittel.

13. adittel

adittel Member

Hi again, a couple of quick questions-I burnt my DVD's using Nero express since I do not have NeroVision and NeroRom. Did you buy these two programs? Are they specifically used for burning DVD's?

Also, I'm not sure I converted the "Shows" to Mpgs as you mention. All I did was "make a DVD" directly from Nero 4-with music and animation etc. Do you think that the show is converted onto an Mpgs? As you might have noticed by now, I'm pretty illiterate with this. But, I am learning...slowly.

14. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

Hi again adittel.

I bought the whole shootin match, Nero7 Ultra Enhanced just a couple weeks ago along with Nero's PhotoShow Delux. The Nero7 version I bought has it all. With it, there are many different ways to burn a DVD. One is through NeroVision and the other through Nero Rom. So far, I am finding that I get a better burn going through Nero Rom, but still getting a glitch or two in the audio portion.

PhotoShow will export their show in eith Mpegs or Avi. Avi's will be a much bigger file. I tried both ways and used both formats in creating my DVD, but still had issues in quality.

So far, I have gotten it down to a burn on the video portion but some bad spots on the audio, couple of garbled areas. I have a couple of things to try to get this worked out. STILL LEARNING!