1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by shazzaTPM, Nov 6, 2004.

1. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Lately I have been having Nero problems, and most of the time it never succeeds in burning.

I don't use Nero 6, I use Nero 5.5.10.20 Enterprise Version (I should update) and my burner is pretty bad, can only write up to 4x.

It never messes up, but over the past three days about 80% chance, something like this happens:

I am completely unaware of what is happening and what this means, thus I am asking for your assistance. Is it Nero? MY CDRW drive? Something else? I have no idea. Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

2. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Please can someone help, I am desperate.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I take it your burner is a very old 4X model? Dying drives will oftentimes start giving power calibration errors on their way out.

4. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

I see. So is there any other alternatives besides getting a new drive? It reads fine.

5. Nephilim

You could try experimenting with different media to see if there's a brand that doesn't give you troubles and/or look for an updated firmware for your drive.

What make/model drive are you using?

6. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

ACER 4x4x32. Very old. If I had it my way my whole computer would be updated, but I don't. So it's all I can have for now. Bah.

7. Nephilim

You're not the only one! :p

Your burner is indeed a very old one so considering the fact that burners definitely have a finite lifespan I'd say your best bet would be to pony up for a new one. Asus and Lite-On both make exceptionally good burners that go for just under $30 :)

8. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Thank you for help, I believe I may have got my burner working again. But I have another problem, I am trying to burn an audio CD, and I got Nero 6 (I had Nero 5 previously). And when I try to add the mp3 (Shouldn't it automatically convert the mp3 to an audio CD) It says the file isn't formatted correctly.

Thanks.

9. Nephilim

It should convert them on it's own. Are these MP3's that you made yourself or downloaded somewhere?

10. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Downloaded.

I go to Nero Express > Music > Audio CD > Add > And then it only wants .cda or .m3u. If I go to All files in the list, and add any mp3 at all it doesn't take it.

Hell, even if I get this working let's hope the Calibration Error is fixed.

Thank you Nephilim for all your help. :)

11. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

12. Nephilim

Let me see if I can't rustle up some help from our resident nero guru, ccampbell :)

13. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Thank you.

14. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi ShassaTPM,

When you use Nero and select Audio CD for your creation, then it should accept MP3, mp3PRO, WMA, AIF, VQF, CDA, .M3U, etc....

If it fails to accept an MP3 audio file, then it will be due to a corrupt MP3 file, or because the MP3 DLL File is not loaded.

If you go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins, do you find the mp3PRO.DLL and mp3PP.dll files loaded?

A good test would be to place an Audio CD in your recorder or CD/DVD-ROM drive, and use's Nero's SAVE TRACKS feature to extract one or two files to your Hard Drive as MP3 files. And then select Create Audio CD and drag over the two mp3 files you created with Nero. If it accepts them, then you know Nero is working and the MP3 files you downloaded may be corrupt.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

15. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

I think we may have found the problem, thank you. I went to the AudioPlugin's directory, and the dll files you mentioned were there..

HOWEVER, when I went to Nero's Save Tracks feature, it said:

"Audio plugin manager and/or audio plugins are not avaliable, audio tracks cannot be stored"

So it is obviously to due with the dll's. They are there, but how will I be able to successfully enable/load them?

Thank you in advance Craig.

16. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Heh. It was simply that the directory was the old one, and I changed it to the Common Files. It all works now, thank you very much.

Now if only I can get the "Power Calibration Error" to work, but I still don't know what's causing my problem.

Thank you Craig.

Best regards.

17. shazzaTPM

shazzaTPM Member

Hello again.

It seems a format (unrelated matter) fixed the Power Calibration Error. So far, so good.

Keep you updated.

18. szon1

szon1 Member

when using nero vision to convert mpeg to dvd it use to work fine but now I get a buzzing noise on audio what am I doing wrong. Whats the best way to convert mpeg to dvd

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004