1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by farfo207, Mar 27, 2007.

1. farfo207

farfo207 Member

Here comes another newbie, I can see all you pros running for the door. LOL. Please be patient and dont hurt me. I have a 1000 questions. first question, I bought nero delux, installed it and it gave me nothing but trouble. I also have on my machine, sonic, muvee maker, window movie make and real. I was told I should only have one burning program on my machine at one time. for nero to work properly. Is this correct.. Also has anyone tried these download optimizing programs for faster downloads and do they work.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

The advice that you should have only one burning app is sound. In particular, I have found that Roxio and Nero are an extra bad combination, and that the Roxio uninstall program actually misses stuff and leaves things behind which trap you when you install Nero later on, so that special steps are required to clean then out. I cannot speak from experience about other combinations.

Some download optimizers are a waste of time. It is possible if you have a high speed connection, that certain settings in Windows can be tweaked for a slight performance gain, but in general, if you're getting good speeds, leave it alone. There is no magic wand that is going to double your download speed.

Just my $0.02 worth.

3. ramli7

ramli7 Guest

I am burning CDs DVDs frequently from TV capture files, and other sources. Have installed Ulead studio, Pinnacle studio,Power DVD solutions and Nero7. All are running independantly without any problems.Each one has it's own styles and features.

So the main thing you have to consider is, your Processor (mainly with higher FSB), RAM, Graphics card/chipset and Hard disk space. There is no limit for these configuration. But minimum - above 2.0GHZ,512MB DDR,GEFORCE graphics card with 128MB RAM or Onboard graphics minimum INTEL 915G (or above) and HDD space above 20GB.

Mine is 2.8GHZ,1GB RAM,INTEL 915G and more than 20GB (3 HDDs total 500GB) Don't worry. For Burning 20GB is enough.

My First choice is Nero (ADDICT?). I am having versions 7.5.9.0A,7.7.5.1 and 7.8.5.0( 20th March 07).The last two versions
    giving transcoding failure.7.5.0.9A in working fine.

So check your configuration or let us know yours, for further guidance.Try alternative versions.

Good luck.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

More then likely the Sonic and Nero software is conflicting.

I would suggest uninstalling the Sonic and Nero software. Then run the cleaning tool linked below (link is on Nero Site) to clean all previous drivers and clean the registry.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Driver_CleanTool_and_RegistryChecker.html

After you have run the cleaning tools install Nero again (Not Sonic) and see if your troubles are over.

If you still have problems with Nero running correctly you will need to give us a little more information. What error messages are you getting (Post log file) What is it that you are trying to accomplish etc. etc.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Sonic is actually by Roxio,
    as far as having roxio and Nero installed, i have done it with no problems, as i like to burn dvds with nero and cds with roxio, plus i have IMGburn too, although imo the conflict thing has a lot to do with what OS and service pack u r running. But lots of members have had conflicts with the two programs.

U could post a burn log, to see if we can help with any suggestions
    u get it here C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core
    Look for the NeroHistory.txt file
    Only post the last log and edit ur serial number out

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

To my understanding with what I have read between conflicts with Roxio and Nero is the packet-writing.

(InCD/RecordNOW/DirectCD)

So I assume it could be possible for both to be installed as long as the packet-writing options where not installed. Or at least choose 1 of the programs to install the packet-writing option and not the other program.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@larrylje,

yeah, i have heard that too, i dont have INcd installed and maybe thats why they dont conflict

8. farfo207

farfo207 Member

thanks so much for your help. really appreciate it. My os is xp with service pack 2. Nero (I guess nero) messed up my machine so bad I had to redo my entire machine. so have no logs to show. I have been burning with windows media only you really dont have any options. Its either burn or dont burn. Now media tells me theres no xvid codec installed and I know there is(because Gspot says so).
    Ramli---you lost me. But this is what I could find
    Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 3800+
    1024 MB DDR1
    Nividia graphics with 256 MB shared video memory
    250 GB hard drive.
    Dont know what that means but sounds important
    I am gonna try nero again abd thanks again for your support guys

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

just post the log if u get an error, good luck

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

11. ramli7

ramli7 Guest

Hello farfo207

Really your configuration is a good one and more than enough for your work. If you are doing high end multimedia/graphics work INTEL, has an edge over AMD (which targets mainly Games).

Your graphics card, might be having 128MB on the card itself and sharing 128MB of the system memory 1024MB (i.e 1GB)and hence 256MB shared memory. That is enough.

By default, latest Nero7 versions are installed only without INCD, though shown in the list.

You have mentioned that your system has crashed and reinstalled
    OS.Most of the guys failed to do one IMPORTANT PRECAUTION.

Immediately try to install 'NORTON GOBACK', by which you can restore your system, to the previous - good working -point at the BOOT LEVEL, if any problem arises, due to some software installation. Don't rely on 'windows system restore feature'. I am happily using, Norton Goback for more than 2 years, with my 2 machines.

You can try as many softwares as you can, without OS reinsatallation.What is your Nero version?

Forgive me for my lengthy post and lengthy sentences.

12. farfo207

farfo207 Member

Ramil
    appreiate your explanation on my numbers.
    Well I uninstaled everything that I could and reinstalled nero. I have Nero 7 delux enhanced it says. Almost am afraid to upgrade it. the last time the upgrade made it worse. I have burned several files. and seems to be going ok. Only can wait and see what happens
    Thanks so much for your help. farfo