1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero question...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by djdrock, Apr 15, 2002.

1. djdrock

djdrock Member

I am able to get everything loaded, but when I press the record icon, Nero sits for a bit, and then says "This medium not writable." I have tried 3 different brands of dvd-r. All of which have worked fine using Gear DVD Pro. When I select the "medium info", it still will not recognize any media. I have a Panasonic LF-311 ram/r drive. I am positive I have the correct drive selected. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Uncle

Uncle Member

could be that Nero has conflicting aspi and can't intialize, i'm having similar probs when using Nero and prassi on the same system

3. djdrock

djdrock Member

I am sure it is something to do with aspi drivers. I read somewhere that Nero has there own aspi drivers, but have not looked for them. I am using Gear DVD Pro 6.0 and am having good luck with it.

4. wizard_ss

wizard_ss Member

Are these versions correct? Nero 5.5.8.2 and Prassi Primo 2.0? And WHERE does one find Prassi??

5. horkraeb

horkraeb Member

Do a internet search for FORCEASPI. This should lead you to a Adaptec prog which will install appropriate aspi drivers. Comes in handy if you are using XP, I use Nero 5.5 and had aspi errors when trying to burn DVD+RW disks and after loading aspi drivers, the problems stoped.

6. wizard_ss

wizard_ss Member

I cleared up my ASPI issues this way: go to dvddecrypter.com, download Nero's ASPI, put the file directly into your windows\system 32 folder. Simple as that!