1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero read options

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by shtikman, Mar 18, 2002.

1. shtikman

shtikman Guest

I've kinda asked this before on the old forum but I wanna see if I get more help this time around. When I use Nero to make an image of a CD before I burn it onto a CD-R, I usually turn on both 'Read media catalog number & ISRC (slower)' and 'Read audio data with sub channel'. Now, after extensive research, I have found out that the ISRC is stored in the subchannel as well. So isn't it redundant to have two options for the same thing?

Besides, I've had some weird problems before with using these two options. Sometimes, when I finish recording an image of a CD which has, say, 12 tracks, the resulting image will have different amount of tracks, i.e. some tracks are combined into one big, long track. I did some experimenting with the two options on & off and I'm still not sure what really caused this combining of tracks to occur. Perhaps someone out there could tell me what are the correct settings to use with Nero when making an image of an audio CD?

2. DocSatz

DocSatz Member

I also had some strange results with NERO.
    Can't answer your questions, but why do you use NERO?
    Try CloneCD or Blindwrite suite or anything but don't use NERO to create images please! ;)

3. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

For audio EAC is the best, and some people use CDeX too.
    I don't understand this bug with merged tracks.