1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Rebooting PC

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by linzy, Oct 8, 2004.

1. linzy

linzy Member

Hi All,
    Is there a patch for this? I am using Win XP Pro SP2. Is there something i can get to make Nero(latest version) not reboot my PC? I also have tried to install Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and it chashes my computer right at the end of the installation.

[bold]Computer Specs:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
    Asus P4C-800-E Deluxe
    Sapphire X800 Pro
    Geil 1Gb DDR433 Ram
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy Plat. 6.1ch
    Sony DVD-Rom/CDR-W Combo
    Sony Dual Layer 16x Burner [/bold]

Thanks in advance,
    Linzy

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

3. linzy

linzy Member

I accidently posted it into Audio.

Sorry for inconvinience.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I hope you don't have both programs installed!!
    These programs conflict with eachother and will do harm.

Use one or the other (I prefer nero 100%)

5. linzy

linzy Member

No, i only have 1 installed at a time. I just formatted my computer to SP2 thinking it would fix the problem, but no luck.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Service pack 2 doesn't fix problems with programs,its not a program fixer, SP2 is basically better protection for your compter.

which one do you have? nero or Roxio Easy Media Creator 7

if you wanna keep Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 then get rid of nero using what -Jeanc1- provided on the last thread to completly get rid of nero in the registry

If you wanna keep nero then get rid of Roxio using...uhh.. i forget but I know they have a thing like nero's clean tool. I think it's somthing called ferio or somthing... go to Roxio webb site and look around to completly get rid of Roxio.

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

At this moment Nero 6 and EMC 7 have issues, even if you do not install the DirectCD software from Roxio, they still install a UDF driver that is causing problems with our InCD 4 software.

It's best to have one or the other, and if you had Roxio installed first, you should use their cleaner tool to remove the UDF driver as it remains even after you uninstall their software.

If you never install our InCD 4 software, there should not be a problem. The key word is 'should' here. ;-)

I have them both on a system without problems, but I do not have either packet writing software installed on the system.

We are working with Roxio to address this issue of the conflict between their UDF reader and our InCD 4 software.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@linzy -- Just noticed in your list ""Computer Specs""
    the word [bold]Creative Audigy[/bold] -- If you go to their website you will see they have new drivers made especially to work with SP2 !!

Nero and Sp2 get along great , if you have their latest version -- the problem between those two was promptly addressed by Ahead when Sp2 came out.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004