1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2.2.61 & AnyDVD 4.5.2.1 Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tranzic, Mar 3, 2005.

1. tranzic

tranzic Member

Hi I have successfully been using the above programs to copy loads of dvds (for personal use of course!) and had no trouble. The odd CRC error but cleaned or replaced discs and no problems.

BUT I am trying to copy a DVD that, although bought as new, it is a cheap video company and is basically a verbatim 4x disc shoved through a disc printer.

No matter what I do I get a CRC on the exact place/folder every time, the disc is immaculate etc.

Firstly, ANY IDEAS?

Secondly, I have a theory that nero somehow can tell if it is a copy you are copying? Recently tried to copy one of my perfect working copies and it gives constant CRC and their the best discs I can buy round here quality wise?!!!

Comments from those who know please?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

My first guess would be that your quality disk aren't really quality.. What is the brand of disk you are using?
    Second why are you using Recode to copy a copy of a copy? You can just use the copy disk feature in Nero.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. tranzic

tranzic Member

I am using Ritek with Ritek Dye white surfaced.

I am not actually using recode for the copies and in fact my problem I first mentioned i tried recode and nero burning rom but to no avail.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you purchased a dvd movie that was burned on a Verbatim blank it is probably pirated. Original dvd movies that are sold are pressed from a master disc similar to the old music records. They are not burned to blank media. Thought I would pass that on to you for future reference.

Jerry

5. tranzic

tranzic Member

Hi Jerry, thanks for that. I am aware of that, the problem here is that it's a match dvd from my football club and although they are new, not pirates, the company that produces them does so on the cheap.

BUT AnyDVD says there is absolutely no region, on copyright stuff etc so how come I can't get past this one folder all the time?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Those newer Riteks arent getting very good reviews..

There is more than likely a problem with the disk you are trying to copy it dosent take much and this is even more evident because of the fact that it does it at the same spot every time. You could try cleaning the disc really good. I use a SkipDr on my problematic disks.

[​IMG]

7. tranzic

tranzic Member

Yeh I thought I might try a better 'clean'. I have tried dvd shrink as well as nero and anydvd and exactly 88% the disc stops spinning every single time.

Can anyone explain why the disc would stop spinning?

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah the disk is bad at that spot on the disk... duh

9. tranzic

tranzic Member

Ok so I asked for that one!

In that case is there anyway of knowing if the disc looks, even under direct light perfect, where the problem is?

Do dvd's write from centre out or opposite

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Center out.. If you have Nero you can run the disk threw Nero CD-DVD Speed..
    1. Open Nero CD-DVD Speed
    2. Click on Extra
    3. Select Scan Disc
    4. Click in little box that says Surface Scan
    5. Then Click on start
    You will see where your disk is bad if you have any red thats bad green is good and so on..
    I scan all my back ups this way to make sure there is no problems, but it works on originals too...

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You could try doing the copy with Decrypter. I understand your original isn't copy protected but Decrypter can sometimes get through a bad spot on a dvd when trying to copy. Its worth a try.

Jerry

12. tranzic

tranzic Member

Ok great advice, I used Nero speed and it has 7 tiny bits unreadable the rest of the disc is all A1!!!!

SO you know the next question! Is there anything I can do about the unreadable bits. And howcome you can watch the dvd all the way through fine if there damaged?

Cheers for your patience in this one guys

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

When playing there is not nearly as much stress on the laser and it can overcome the defects by merly skiping over themm, but when copying unfortunatly the laser is trying to get every single file off of there. As stated before you can try Decrypter and under settings check ignor read error's. Unfortunatly this doesn't always work either. You coud try and get your hands on a SkipDR to see if you can repair the disk that has been pretty effective for me.

14. tranzic

tranzic Member

Ok brilliant wil do both those suggestions

Thanks for your help guys