1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2 dvd remake problem.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jamo9000, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jamo9000

jamo9000 Member

NERO RECODE 2 PROBLEM

I have used recode 2 a couple of times recently and I have successfully used the Recode entire dvd to dvd and also recode maain movie to dvd. These 2 options have worked great. However....

The problem lies in the 3rd option which is what i really want to use most of the time and that is the REMAKE DVD option.

I click on the import titles button and no matter where i direct it to i.e DVD drive, video_ts folder all i get is a blank screen and unable to select any files to import into the program. I have tried so many times and I can not get this remake option to see any dvd files to be able to import them. I am using Anydvd and I reiterate i can use the other 2 dvd options perfectly with no problems.

Please help and someone help as I really want to use this software to burn the main movie and keep the menus in tact.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Like DVD Shrink needs to import the DVD (through analyzing) You have to bring the files into recode 2 in a proper form.

Option 1. Rip the DVD with Decrypter, make a VIDEO_TS folder then get it with your Nero and edit then burn to disc.

Option 2. Rip with Shrink, Deep Analysis, quality settings, encode to HD, get with Nero and edit then burn to disc.

Cheers,

Pete

3. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

jamo;

Recently discovered this, too. It's apparently a bug in the most recent version of Recode. It's not present in the previous release. Rather than completely repeat myself, just check out this post for more:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/135545

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Very good dbminter,

I wasn't aware of that as I don't use alcohol 120% that much anymore.

I didn't know if you had reported this to Ahead so I went ahead and reported it to them. I asked if they couldn't make an older version available until a revised release comes out for those who didn't save an older build.

Cheers,

Pete

5. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Went ahead and reported it to Ahead. Nice pun. :)

No, I hadn't reported it. I only had just discovered it earlier in the week and I'm sitting now between juggling partitions to test/fix an unrelated error.

6. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Oh, also about the differences between the new version and the previous release.

The previous release had 5 menu choices. The new one is back to the original 3 from a few releases back. Were the 2 Nero Digital recode options, I forget what they were, removed on purpose? If so, then, no problem. If they weren't, then, there may be a bug there because only 3 menu options are there.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dbminter,

When Craig has a moment, he'll have a look see i'm sure.

Then we'll both know :)

8. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I am still seeing it in the version released on the 10th. But, now, it returns an error message. :> Just not a very helpful one. <G> Click on the link earlier in this thread for my post on the message.

9. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005