1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2 Problems (Not Finding Drive)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nakai, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Nakai

Nakai Member

So I've been using Recode 2 to backup DVD's for a while now but lately I've encountered some problems.

I always use the Copy DVD to DVD option from the start menu then import the disc and set it up all via compression if I need and so on.

Once that is done you get to the next screen where you choose which Burner to select and what folder to put the temp files to as it encode , along with Burn at once option and Deep analysis.

Now for about 2 weeks it's been fine for me. I would always have my DVD-RW Drive selected in the top option and a folder to temp encode files too as well as deep analysis on.

Recently though something has happened and It isn't showing my DVD-RW Drive in the top option as a choice and it's only giving me the option to stick the files on a folder and not burn directly after.

Does anyone know why it's not showing the DVD-RW drive as it was before? I've gone into Nero Burning Rom and gone to select the drive and that fixes the problem in Recode 2 but it always disapears after again. Is there anyway to make it so it stays there forever again like it was for the first two weeks?

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Try upgrading our software and see if that resets Nero Recode and allows it to detect the drive again.

If not, you may need to do a complete uninstall using the Nero Clean tool and do a fresh install.

P.S. Make sure you have your Nero serial key handy before you uninstall Nero usign the Clean Tool.

Regards,

Craig