1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero recode 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by larrylje, Jan 11, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Had a question about recode 2. I uasly use DVD Shrink to backup my movies. But recently iv been intrested in seeing what Nero recode 2 can do. I know you have to rip the files with DVD decryptor, or use anyDVD in the background with recode since it cant rip protected DVDs. My question is

Once I rip the files to an ISO file with decrypter I need to load the image on a virtual drive for Nero to access it. Can I make a virtual drive with nero. Or Do I need another program like Alcohol 120% to do this.

Or can I rip the DVD into Video and Audio TS folders and then will nero read the back_up folders off my Hard drive that way?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If Recode 2 cannot open .ISO files, you have 2 options.

1- Rip in File Mode with DVD Decrypter.

2- Rip in ISO mode, and you can mount an image to a virtual drive (Like Alcohol 120%) with Daemon Tools v3.47 (This one is free!)

3- You can also try running AnyDVD in the background then use Recode 2 directly from the DVD to your HD.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

thanks for the reply ill try ripping in file mode. Now if I could get the upgrade from nero. So SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW guess every1 wants the update at once.

4. NWD91

NWD91 Member

I have the latest Nero 6.6.0.6, and it comes with Nero Image Drive 2.27, which is capable of having two virtual drives. (It can only read ISO files and Nero image files (*.nrg), not CUE or MDS or CCD, so it doesn't seem that great to me.) I have not tried mounting an ISO file ripped by DVD Decrypter, so I can't actually say it works, but it seems like it should.