1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Andoru, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Andoru

Andoru Member

where can i get Nero Recode 2 from?
    ive been looking around and i cant seem to find it.
    I need some help somebody..
    Thank you

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  3. Andoru

Andoru Member

ah
    thankx

4. Andoru

Andoru Member

I started using this nero recode 2
    and it is pretty decent..the only thing is that
    everytime i get ready to listen to the file or a file on that particular dvd, it tells me that i need a dolby digital encoder (or some mes. like that) and it refers me to www.nero.com/us/info_dvd.html
    and when i go there i dont see n e thing related to the plugins..

my point: where do i get the plugins for nero recode 2

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

www.nero.com/us/Plug_Ins.html

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  6. Andoru

Andoru Member

thank u

7. Andoru

Andoru Member

i use n e 2 and i did fist of legend (jet li) i wasnt able to hear any sound when i was trying to play the different items on the dvd but i did do the nrg image anyway. And i checked it out with alcohol 120 before i burned it and all the sound was there. I then burned fist of legend with 120 and played it in my dvd player and everything worked out great..

now, the question is, is it possible for me to use advanced analysis with nero encode 2 even though i cant preview sound. Cuz i understand that the advanced analysis for nero encode 2 is much faster than the deep analysis of dvdshrink...

i need more insight please..
    thank you

8. wild77

wild77 Guest

You probably do not need the deep analysis unless the compression goes below 80%-85% I use both programs and don't know that Recode is a lot faster,the times are pretty close but that depends a lot on your system.

9. Andoru

Andoru Member

thanks for the tip wild, but i really need help with the quoted text.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can choose to use deep analysis in Nero Recode 2 if you want but you dont have to. Of course the final outcome with deep analysis will be better quillity if the compression is low like wild said under 85%.

I still dont understand why you are having trouble Do you have the right selection setting for audio preview set in Recode 2?

I had the same problem before and some how the setting there was reset and I coudnt hear the preview but once I reset it back then i could hear audio in the preview. To check it do this.

Open up recode 2 at the bottem it will say More<< click on that button then when the other window pops up click on Configure.

A new window will pop up when it does click the preview window tab. There is a drop down menu box there with diffrent settings. When I couldnt hear the Audio on the DVD it was set to SPDIF so I pulled the menu down and changed it to "Always downmix to 2 channel stero" then I extied out of it closed Recode 2 opened it up and imported a disc and it finaly had sound.

Try that and see. Hope it helps.

11. Andoru

Andoru Member

thanks
    ill try that
    and i hope that the problem that im having has nothing to do with the fact that i dont have the multichannel plugin or any other plugins that i need to get.

(humble thought)hmm... i dont think i need much considering that i was able to make an image and burn it, and watch it in my regular dvd player just fine..

but anyhow ill give it a go later on tonight.

12. Andoru

Andoru Member

i find that interesting..i did what u said and it didnt work. but i did john_Q and i let it run overnight, i did the advanced analysis and all that other good stuff. and when i checked it this morning with alcohol 120's image drive..everything is perfect...
    so i'm clueless...

13. AshyNuxxx

AshyNuxxx Member

I didnt DL NRC 2 yet, but It probably has to do with DTS....Disable that ...I use 1clickDVD and if u select DTS and you dont have DTS decoding on both your receiver and your player you will not hear a thing...GREAT PIC THOUGH!!!

14. Andoru

Andoru Member

ill try that and see what happens...(personally) i think the quality of dvdshrink is a bit better...i'm sure this had been argued back and forth.. ^_^

15. roryoss

roryoss Member

my problem is recode 2 dosn't show up! anywhere.
    i have the latest legally updated version and under applications have 7 choices but no recode!! not under oem or express 3, where is it and what is it for????????

16. hursty

hursty Active member

i have 10 choices on applications

17. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

I think recode is a seperate download (package 2) on the nero website.

Some may know but for those that don't, DVD Shrink and Nero recode are written by the same guy. That is why shrink has not and will not be updated anymore. The guy now works for Nero.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@roryoss

If you have the OEM version of Nero you wont beable to use Nero Recode.

I had the OEM version and it didnt list it in Nero Vision Express in the start program menu.

But if you go to your program files where Nero is installed you should bebale to find Nero Recode 2 there. But when I click on it, it says "Nero Recode 2 isnt avialbe in this version" somthing like that.

Like the above person stated Nero Recode 2 is a program to copy DVDs. I use it and have very good results with it. It is much like DVDShrink due to the fact the author of Shrink is the Author of Recode 2.

Nero Recode 2 comes with Nero Ultra Edition.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  19. gerr

gerr Member

The webside mentioned in the post "decode2" can not be used.

I am not able to try the recode. After loading the zip and installing it I got the message "your demo version has expired".
    What can I do now?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  20. hursty

hursty Active member

buy it