1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode deep analysis

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by alex30303, Mar 15, 2004.

1. alex30303

alex30303 Member

I just switched over from shrink to nero recode. I really like it and have used it for a while now with no problems. However, recently it has been skipping the deep analysis and going straight to the encoding. And, no matter how many times I try to fool with the options and/or reinstall, it still skips this proccess. My only idea is that recode is discerning whether or not the deep analysis is neccesary and then proceeding. Though, I do not believe this is the case because when i tried recoding a certain title before it analysed it, and now it just encodes it. If anybody has an idea it would be appreciated, thanks.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

All I can suggest is maybe looking here : http://www.ahead.de/en/632072089716059.html

I use MainConcept MPEG Encoder / TMPGEnc DVD Author / Nero 6 for avi/divx/xvid/mpeg1 to DVD-R

or

DVD Decrypter / DVD2One / Nero 6 for DVD to DVD-R

3. alex30303

alex30303 Member

Well... The guide always neglects the whole topic of the deep analysis. So, it is possible it is integrated with the encoding proccess in slightly newer versions of recode. Yet, I don't think thats the answer either, because now the dvds take much less time than they did with analysis; so, I think my computer is somehow disabling it. Also, the box to check for analysis right before it burns is simply grayed out and i cant selct it. Don't know, really liked recode, but without analysis I think I'll just go back to shrink.

4. alex30303

alex30303 Member

im beginning to think its dvd decrypters ( which I just updated) fault recode can't analyze. Because when I open the same decrypted files of minority report with dvd shrink, I also find that the deep analysis box is grayed over. So, I am going to try another dvd with decrypter; then I will open it with both programs and see. Don't know, but, maybe the programs think decrypter already analyzed them, or maybe it is something weird with certain dvds. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them, thanks.
    On another note, I found out that nero will copy a dvd made with xcopy xpress despite the watermark seal.. pretty cool, eh.

5. herbsman

We all knew that you can use Nero to back up a copy made by DVDxCopy (why anyone would want to tho , is beyond me) !!
    If you are using DVD Decrypter to rip/unencrypt then it could well be that , that is stopping NeroRecode from doing a deep analysis...

6. alex30303

alex30303 Member

mi2 worked with the analysis, so I think the fault lies with the minority report dvd.
    By the way, Herbsman, one would back copy a dvd made with xpress for the same reason u make a backup in the first place, to have more copys. Some people claim xpress's quaity is the best, its fast, and I like to try every tool: plus i can copy it in only 15 minutes: so, why not?

7. herbsman

X Copy watermark (perhaps) !!! ;-)

8. ispy

ispy Regular member

alex3030: I agree with you I like Nero Recode 2 to recopy burns done with 321Express or Platinum done before 321 Gone arrived on the scene because you can get rid of the WARNING Screen on the copy.Also I like the way its pretty simple.Have also tried using AnyDVD and Recode 2 works a treat,good quality. ispy