1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue failed to read from the file VTS_07_1.VOB

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by aw0721, Mar 5, 2007.

1. aw0721

aw0721 Member

OK I am starting to get frustrated so if anyone has any suggestions I sure would appreciate it! So..

I am trying to burn a DVD I use Nero Recode7 I try to Import a DVD and it gets to about 93% and then a message pops up saying Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue failed to read from the file VTS_07_1.VOB. I also use Any Dvd but I also tried to use DVD Fab Decrypter please help!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What movie are you doing? There's some that even w/ AnyDVD Recode will fail on if doing a full backup.

Try doing movie only.

Make sure AnyDVD and DVDFab Decrypter are up to date too. AnyDVD - 6.1.3.0 and DVDFab - 3.0.8.6.

Here's another program to try - all free programs - RipIt4Me.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If recode can open the disc and read to 93%, then you may just have a smudged, dirty, or scratched disc. Check near the outer edge about 7% back towards inner hub. Right where you might expect a dirty fingerprint.