1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode - two external burners error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by damonV, Mar 14, 2007.

1. damonV

damonV Member

Ok, I've been burning dvds for a while with my HP 740e and nero recode...

Recently I got a LiteOn external burner that is supposed to burn up to 18X. For the life of me I can't get successful burns over 4x. Usually I put the original dvd in the 740 and burn with a blank in the liteon. To make this even more confusing, I use good quality media (it's happened with TY, Ritek and verbatim) and it only happens with the firs blank disk. After the error, I put in another blank and it burns fine. The write error has been either a general write error or once in a while a power calibration error (both dvd burners are pluged in to a power strip with plenty of power).

ps...this never has a problem at 4x

I don't know if I'm asking this in the right forum but any help would be great...this is driving me crazy and I can't figure it out.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Some members are having trouble with the new 18X Liteys. I would return it if it's new. treouble is there's not much out there to buy just now except the plextors and maybe LGs.