1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode vs. DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by VJbob, Apr 24, 2005.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

If I remember correctly the same guy who created DVD Shrink (which is free-ware) was hired by Nero to create Nero Recode. I've been a devoted DVD Shrink user for a while but now that I've upgraded my media to TY discs, I figure I might as well have the best quality content for my backups. Since you have to buy Recode and it was made by the same guy shouldn't Recode be better?

I'm also wondering about all those extra Recode options. There is a 'deep analysis' option and a 'slow encoding high quality' option feature right before burning. I tried using both and it took about 2.5 hours to analyzee and encode before burning and the finished product didn't appear (on screen) to be any better than DVD Shrink productions. Have I been duped or is there an actual quality difference?

Judging by the size of the DVD Shrink forum I think its probably the preferred program, but given a choice, is Recode better and does all the extra 'analysis' features make a difference? Thanks for any replies.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

If I remember correctly the same guy who created DVD Shrink (which is free-ware) was hired by Nero to create Nero Recode....Correct

Since you have to buy Recode and it was made by the same guy shouldn't Recode be better?...Eventually yes, because they have stopped development on shrink

I'm also wondering about all those extra Recode options. There is a 'deep analysis' option and a 'slow encoding high quality' option feature right before burning.....These are available on the latest, and last, Dvd Shrink download

Judging by the size of the DVD Shrink forum I think its probably the preferred program....Good free things usually are, but not the best. That award goes to Re-builder and CCE

is Recode better and does all the extra 'analysis' features make a difference...Not yet but it will be with more development, and yes they make a big difference between using them and not

3. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

other forum have stated that recode2 is in fact alittle better(in quality)than shrink. recode2 is also a little faster, i have both and can tell you that the differences are little in quality and speed; shrink is easier to use.