1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode will only burn at 2.4x - media and burner is 4x...!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jakobY1, Nov 9, 2004.

1. jakobY1

jakobY1 Member

I was using recode 2 for the first time last night - was very impressed with every aspect of it, but I did notice when I did a Burn-At-Once back-up that even though I had 4x media it said it was burning at 2.4x. When I used to back-up with Shrink (burning of course with Nero) the speed would show up correctly. Since Shrink and Nero are very similar (being of the same brainchild) I would think this wouldn't be a problem.

It didn't seem to take much longer, but it just bothers me that it wasn't identifying the speed of the media properly, which is something Shrink never had a problem with...

Has anyone tried to do a Burn-At-Once back-up and noticed the same issue?

2. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

I think it might be your media.

I've never had probs with Shrink, but a few months back I was using Mirror Platinum DVD-R discs. They were 4x supposedly but Nero would only let me burn them at 2x. When I actually started burning it took about 56 mins ( closer to 1x) to backup a 4.3gig DVD.

The same thing happened with some Datawrite Red v2 DVD-R discs.

Have you changed to new media lately?

Ptwenty

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2004
  3. jakobY1

jakobY1 Member

I think it is my media - what is a good media to burn with, besides verbatim, that is - a bit too expensive for me, if I recall right...

How about Ritek, is that any good?

4. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Yeah mate - your best best is probably Ritek discs (using the G04 dye).

I'm sure there's a forum for media issues mate.

I've bought loads of spindles of disks - looking for basically whichever media will play on most players (PS2, XBOX, standalone players). The best disks have been either Ritek disc or Datawrite Yellow V1 (which was Princo made) or Yellow V2 discs.

Stay away from Infosmart discs. Stay away from Bulkpaq too unless you like burning money instead of discs.

Ptwenty