1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode won't import dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by homer801, Apr 21, 2005.

1. homer801

homer801 Member

Hi, everyone. I'm using nero 6.6.0.8 & nerovision-express ver 3.0. In nero recode2, after I select "copy entire dvd", I then click on "import" then select my dvd drive, I get an error message " encounter an error & can not continue..." everytime !! ??

I don't think its the copy protected problem because I'm using anydvd 4.3.0.1 & it works fine with cloneDVD2. I've used the nero clean tool & install & uninstalled; I've even installed the older version(6.3.1) of nero & nve back on & still same problem??

nero is not so friendly anymore....

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Whay don"t you just use something like DVD Decryptor to Rip the DVD and then use Recode on the Ripped DVD folder???

3. michi90

michi90 Member

4. DFL

DFL Member

I too had this problem with the versions you mention. I upgraded to the newest versions and everything appears to work again. It appears the Nero corrected the problem.

5. homer801

homer801 Member

thanx everybody for replying... DFL, which ver are you currently using? when you updated to the new version, did you do an uninstall 1st or did you do a "clean"? or did you just install the new version & it took care of the existing one in the computer.

6. DFL

DFL Member

6.6.0.12 and 3.1.0.0 I just checked Nero's website and they now have a 3.1.0.0d. I did a complete uninstall and ran Nero's clean program, then reinstalled. I hope this helps!

7. homer801

homer801 Member

Thanks DFL, I upgraded to latest NVE & now everything seems to work !

ps, in recode2, just before you click "burn" there's 2 other options or checkboxes for a better quality copy(but slower)... have you tested with those features to see if its worth the time?

homer

8. DFL

DFL Member

Have not tried the two other quality settings since I only do the Main movie and keep the compression down. If you are copying the whole DVD requiring higher compression, then you might want to experiment with the higher quality settings. I have a 62 inch TV and cannot tell the difference from the original without using these settings.