1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. TDY

TDY Member

Http:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Have you tried the Remake A DVD option yet? What you described is what I was experiencing with all post NVE 3.0.2.4 versions of Recode. The one before 3.1.0.0 had fixed it for Recode A DVD and Recode Main Movie, but Remake A DVD still wasn't working. With 3.1.0.0, I couldn't even test it. Recode crashed every time I selected any of the main menu items. I've read that it can be fixed by uninstalling NBR 6.6.0.8, because it's DVD-DL engine is doing something to mess up even working 3.0.2.4's version (Makes all burns dual layer even when they're not.) uninstalling NVE, delete the folders of both apps, delete the Common Folders of both, delete the two sets of registry key branches, all manually, and reinstall both apps. Haven't tried it yet, because, I wasn't sure if it was worth it yet, i.e. if Remake A DVD still didn't work.

3. TDY

TDY Member

Http:

4. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Okay, according to my notes, for anyone interested :)

Nero Recode 2.1.1.24 is installed by Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.4

2.2.6.1 - NVE 3.0.1.14

2.2.6.4 - 3.0.1.18
    2.2.6.9 - 3.0.1.27
    2.2.6.11 - 3.1.0.0

So, some of my numbers were wrong in the above. My tests with 2.2.6.9 showed they fixed the virtual drive issue for Recode A DVD and Recode Main Movie, but, not Remake A DVD.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  5. TDY

TDY Member

Http:

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

ok here is a update on my situation , it seems the software is getting better with updates now . nero may be finally getting the bugs worked out . i have the latest version of nero 6 installed 6.6.0.8 and the latest version of nero vision express 3 3.1.0.0 . im actually able to import a movie and burn it now without failures which is a good thing .

7. tenplus1

tenplus1 Member

I have Nero 6.6.0.8 and NVE 3.1.0.0 installed after a clean install and Nero works fine, NVE does not want to import .xvid's anymore and Nero Record fails to load completely... whassup ????

8. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

If Recode failing meaning it crashes when you select any of the main menu options, there are supposedly steps that work, though, I haven't tested them yet. Here they are, verbatim, as I read them, so, I can't offer any help or explanation beyond quoting it here:

"I ended up doing a complete uninstall of Nero and Recode. I then delete the program folder in 'program files', and the one in 'program files\common files'.
    Then deleted the Ahead keys from the HKCU and HKLM reg keys. Then rebooted, then reinstalled. Recode now works."

I tried this, and, it didn't help with my crashes of Recode, so, you're on your own. ;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

TDY,

They might think a little more of your communiqué if you had bothered to at least use spell check in your communication with them. Good grammar goes a long way, as does a complete history of your complaint so that your complaint could be duplicated.

For example:

What are your PC's specs ?

When was your last Disk Defrag ?
    If you have to think about it, it's been far too long.
    You need to do it now ! ! !

What is the name of the DVD you are trying to backup ?

What programs are you using ?
    To rip ? Since you didn't correctly put he folders name down in your post to us - if it is really written that way, it would be the reason why it didn't work right there.
    Where did these VIDEO_TS folder and files come from ?

What Guide OR Guides are you using ?

Was there an error ? What exactly did it say ?

Do you have an error log and can you post it ?

Exactly where were you and what are you doing when your error occurred ?

Do you have any Roxio products installed on your PC ?

Where did the files you're working with come from ?
    Are you ripping an original DVD ?
    Are you trying to copy a copy ?

Are these downloaded files ?
    What format are they in, RAR, Bin/Cue, AVI, VCD, SVCD, MPEG2, DVR, WMV, MPEG 2 DVD compatible, ISO or VOB's ?

What do you wish to do with them ?
    Burn them to DVD's ?
    A single (4.7GB) DVD ? A Dual Layer (8.5GB) DVD ?
    Burn them to CD's ?

What is your ultimate usage of them ?

Do you want to:
    Play then on your PC ?
    Play them on a standalone player ?
    Mount them on a virtual drive ?
    Store them on your HD ? Store them on a disc ?

Without documentation it's impossible to solve a problem –

Try a different tact and you're liable to get quite a bit of help – calling pple names isn't the proper way to begin.

Pete

PS. Make sure you post your post to them here, that way we may be able to start on it also –

10. TDY

TDY Member

Http:

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gentlemen,

We do have a resident Nero tech here at aD and I have asked him if he would stop by and see if he can straighten out your problems.

I do ask everyone to behave and refrain from unkind comments and that you act as responsible adults - I make this as a general request and hope that those to whom it applies know I'm really speaking to you.

His name is Craig and he's here on his own dime; as are we all - If there are logs available, please try to post them -

Thanks all . . . .

"P"

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

TDY,

Does that mean that you were trying to copy a copy that you burned ?

We need to know if it's not seeing an original disc because of the copyright OR if it's a copy with the encryption removed. I hate to keep typing the same thing BUT Movie name, PC's specs. and everything else I asked for -

OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE - If this is a copied Disc, what media is it on ? Many, many proggys can't or won't see a disc if it's on a crappy media - i.e. Memorex, Imitation and the like - most made by CMC. Recently, Great AZO is a major offender - You just cannot work with crappy media.

Again, let's answer all the questions that I asked as best as we can - We can never, ever have too much information.

Lastly, before my friend gets here - make sure your PC has all updates, drivers etc on all proggys up-to-date - It all matters !

Pete

I asked about the name calling - it isn't necessary - let that time be the last -

13. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Chiming in here:

I'd post logs to help but these errors don't generate logs. Either, if Recode just crashes when any of the main menu items, like Recode An Entire DVD, is selected, the app just crashes, so, AFAIK, there is no log. The dialog that comes up is standard Windows fare that says the app misbehaved and must be closed, no offer of any hexadecimal addresses, conflicting DLL's, etc.

The other Recode error where the VIDEO_TS folder is not recognized is another thing that I cannot post logs for because, well, Recode doesn't do anything. :) It does not perform any tasks, so, no log. All I can say is what I've seen. With Recode included with NVE 3.0.2.4 and later, there's been a problem with mounted virtual drives. Up until the version before NVE 3.1.0.0, Recode An Entire DVD and Recode Main Movie all had resumed detected mounted drives. But, Remake A DVD does not find any Tiles to import from a DVD when the other two options will.

Well, that's all I can offer, really. :) I am not using any guides, just what I have learned from a year of using Recode and Shrink to make DVD discs fit. Thus far, my problem hasn't been with physical discs, just virtual ones. However, I need to test this to make sure.

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi dbminter,

Understood - BUT it's as I've said, we can never have too much information.

are you dealing with an original "just ripped" OR a copy on a disc of questionably quality ?

I suggest downloading and using DVD Identifier, when arriving at the first window, click on the "search" icon to see the dye type (if any ~ cheapo media is generally listed as "unknown").

Here's a link for it: http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Craig is really one of the "Good Guys". If he can't help us here he'll take it to his job and get it priority treatment. Remember, he's here on his free time so don't "jump" on him if we have to wait a bit :) He's worth it -

As the man said, "Help is on the way."

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  15. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I'm relatively sure it was from an original movie DVD-ROM disc, decrypted by DVD Decrypter, mounted in Alcohol 120% 1.9. So, AFAIK, there is no identifier, since those are two pressed layers sealed together. But, I do need to create a test criteria with it marked down and I can test it in a row. Without having to pull it all out from memory.

16. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

BTW, I do recommend DVD Identifier, too. :) Been using it for about a month myself.

17. TDY

TDY Member

Http:

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

TDY,

I leave you and your lovely mouth to solve your own problem ~ There's no reason to help a little child who can't keep a reign on her language

I will tell my friend that you don't deserve to be treated as a responsible person with problems -

As I've seen by your post, you aren't able to summon up enough intelligence to follow uninstall directions for Nero otherwise you would know, as we all do, from all the instructions we have here in forum and that Nero has on their site, that the only way to uninstall Nero is by using not only their Clean tools BUT their registry cleaner and their InCD remover..

It goes to show that children should be seen and not heard until they have mastered enough communication skills and have enough responsibility to wipe their own noses - Continue on little one, it's so much better crying on the PC rather than trying to grow up isn't it ?

;-(

19. TDY

TDY Member

My apologies to you Scuba,I did exactly what they told me even the Registry and Incd removal and I still have the problem.I'm just P'd off because I paid allot for this Nero Ultima and I have to go through allot of hassels an order for it to run right on my machine.

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As the ":Big" guy used to say, "Ya got to know when therein them in there pardner."

J.Wayne was always good for a quote.

By patient - there are others in other forums having the same problem - they're working on it - getting all "uppity" doesn't do anything but cause unnecessary strain -

The solution will come . . . till then, we'll work around it with something else - OK ?