1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Missy55,

Nero isn't one of those programs you can load over when you have problems and have it straighten out.

Start by doing a total Uninstall using ALL of Nero's tools.. After uninstalling Nero, use Clean Tools, Registry cleaner and InCD cleaner, THEN do a clean install.

There should not be anything resembling a Roxio program anywhere near your PC. If there is - uninstall it using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs then use Roxio Zapper to it clean out of the registry .
    Remove all of Roxio's tentacles and tendrils with Roxio Zapper -

Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

As tejab posted, enter your S/N through Nero Express

cdadar, SRT4me, tenplus1 - Take a number. Make sure you're working with a totally clean install, collect Nero logs if an error occures when the program is open. If you cannot open the program, make a list of all anti-Virus and CD/DVD or MP3 copying programs you have on your system and just sit tight, wait until Craig has time to get to you.

The same for you Missy55, you're next on deck BUT wait your turn. TDY and dbminter are being taken care of now.

Remember, Craig is here on his free time AFTER he finishes a full day PLUS at the job, takes care of his family gets some sleep and has a chance to breath. He is here to do us a favor. If this doesn't suit you, go to Ahead's tech support like everyone else in the world. You are getting some extremely personal service here - at least act like you're grateful and cut the man some slack.

NOW, with some order restored he may not feel inundated when he drops by -

When preparing your posts for Craig, work on your posts now so it won't be like dbminter always adding things as they come up. You have the time to prepare now so do it now -

Make sure he knows what your PC's specs are what guides you're using where your problem happens exactly what your error says. word for word. Jumping in whenever and with, "I have exactly the same problem . . ." Trust me, everyone's PC is different and your underlying causes may well be different. To move along, we want all our eggs in the same basket and lined up so that he can understand exactly what's happing with each of you.

BTW, make sure your PC is up-to-date with all downloads for your OS and all your drivers / Firmware's are current. All your work now will help Craig tomorrow.

Thank you all -

Pete

2. SRT4me

SRT4me Member

No problem man. I appreciate the help. :)

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi TeJab,

You state that if you enter your 'Nero Digital' serial key in 'Nero'manually, which I assume is Nero Burning ROM or Nero Recode, that you no longer run into this issue with Recode crashing. By this statement, I assume you did have this issue of Nero Recode closing when you clicked on any option in the Recode Main Meny window, and you were able to solve this issue that way.

First, If you have a Nero Retail Serial key, then that retail serial key unlocks everything including Nero Digital. Everthing except for MP3 Lame and mp3Pro encoding. However, maybe you have hit on the issue here. Maybe StartSmart is not entering the serial key properly on some systems, or we are having trouble with some serial keys as we did with a past Nero build. However, the serial keys I've tested here in our lab are working. Could one of you who have this issue with Nero Recode closing send me a personal Email at techsupport4@nero.com with your Serial key so I can test with this, and see if this has any bearing? Its a long shot, but sometimes that's what it takes. :)

Hi DBMinter,

I'm hoping to get access to a test computer today with some DL media to test your issues.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Everyone,

I think I've got part of the issue with Recode resolved, at least the part about 'Remake a DVD' not accepting or seeing the titles in the Video_TS folder.

It would appear there is a problem with Nero Recode, AnyDVD, and DVD Decryptor being installed on the same system. Here is how I have been able to duplicate this issue 5 out of 5 times.

1) Install NVE3100
    2) Install AnyDVD and reboot (at this point you can still import content from Video_TS folder)
    3) Now install DVD Decryptor and reboot with a DVD-Video disc in the drive
    4) Upon reboot AnyDVD will check for a DVD in your drive, it reports an error that you may not have a DVD drive connected to your system
    5) Now launch Nero Recode and choose the 'Remake a DVD' option, it will see the Video_TS folder, but will not list any Titles contained there-in.
    6) Now try 'Copy Entire DVD to DVD' and you will get an error message reading VOB file
    7) Uninstall both AnyDVD and DVD Decryptor and reboot. And try Recode again, and you still get this issue.

The only way to resolve this is to uninstall both AnyDVD and DVD Decryptor from your system using the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel, and then you need to use a Registry cleaner software to clean out all registry entries left behind by both AnyDVD and DVD Decryptor. (I used EasyCleaner)
    And then reboot your system. Now Nero Recode will work again with the 'Remake a DVD' option as well as the 'Copy Entire DVD to DVD' option.

It would appear to be an issue with our new release of NVE3100 and having these two programs either currently installed, or having been installed at one time.

P.S. Recode to Nero Digital is never affected.

Could a few of you test this and see if this resolves your issues? Installing only AnyDVD or DVD Decryptor after you use this process to clean your system does not cause this to re-occur. YOu have to have all three programs installed on your system for this issue to occur.

Please let me know your results on this forum
    Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Looks like I may have spoke too soon. :-(

I can duplicate this 100% of the time on my laptop, and uninstalling AnyDVD and DVD Decryptor does resolve the issue for me 100% of the time.

But I tested on a couple of systems in our QA lab, and they do not show this issue. Of course, they are clean systems, and only have XP; NVE3100; AnyDVD; and DVD Decryptor installed.

This means there must be another program on my laptop that is a catalyst. I can not start with a clean system and start installing programs on my system one at a time till I find the culprit, as I need my laptop while I'm in Germany. But once I return to the U.S, I'll then try and track down that elusive 'catalyst'.

But I would still like to know if anyone else finds that uninstalling AnyDVD and DVD Decryptor resolves their issue. (And using a Registry cleaner after their removal.)

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

6. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I don't have AnyDVD and I have the issue on virtual drives, thought I'd pass it along.

Also, it's not an issue with DL media. It's the DVD-R DL engine, my guess, because that's the one of two new things added to NBR 6.6.0.8, along with LightScribe. And, only when 6.6.0.8 is installed does Recode want to burn a 2nd layer to DVD-5 images. I still need to test it some more, but, I believe now what is more likely happening is Recode is starting the Burning 2nd Layer when it reaches the layer break on the source disc. Thus, the sizes and percentages are probably entirely arbitrary.

7. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Nero Recode was fast as lightning on my system up till version 6.6.0.3! I could back-up or remake a dvd in less than 7 minutes to my hard drive and less than 10 minutes on-the-fly with AnyDVD in the back. With the new versions 6.6.0.5 up it's slow as hell! Too bad. It is definetely Nero since I never used DVD Decrypter! and DVD Shrink in combination with AnyDVD latest version still is super fast! Pitty I loved the on-the-fly function! Got no problems, and no error messages with Nero burning. Just Recode is slow and locking my system.

8. Missy55

Missy55 Member

I'm going be away from my computer for a while so I'm dropping out of the 'need help list'. Craig can move to whoever is next in line when he finished helping TDY and dbminter. I'm posting this so no time will be waste trying to solve my problem when i'm not even here to answer the questions he might have about my problems. Anyway, Thanks for all the help :)

9. TDY

TDY Member

ccampbell: I did a complete uninstall.I also used the clean tools includeing the incd clean,reg and drive cleaner.Then I uninstalled Decrypter and Shrink.Manually took out register sttings for both programs in the registry.Then installed new updated version of nero including NVE3 3.1.0.0.I did not install Shrink or Decrypter and I still had the problem of Recode2 not detecting the files in the video_ts folder.So I rolled it back to NVE3 3.0.1.27 with that version of recode2 and it works now.So I'll just keep this version of NVE3 3.0.1.27 since it works right untill you guys get a fix.By the way the 6.6.0.8a works properly now I don't get a parameter error after I burn a dvd useing nero burning rom.1 down 1 to go.

10. SRT4me

SRT4me Member

How do I go back to the previous version until this is fixed? Should I have saved a copy of each version before installing the new one or are they accessable somewhere? I just run the updates as they come out. Maybe not so smart in hindsight...

11. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

It might be worth going through the Nero FTP server and see what's there. I don't know if they keep older versions or not, and, off the bat, I don't know the server. But, go to Nero's download page and hover over the FTP link for a file download to get the FTP to enter into the address bar and have a look around.

12. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Dbminter,

I'm hoping to test your issue with the DVD-R DL media more today.

I was just hoping that this would resolve the issue for others who are not using DL drives.

Back to the drawing board. :-(

I hope I'll have more to post later today.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USAS

13. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I'm not using DVD-R DL media. :) I'm just writing disc images to hard drive. The disc images can be nowhere near even 2 GB, and Recode says it's Burning Layer 2. The target sizes are always below the target threshold of a DVD-5 DVD-R. Somewhere starting at that value above 958 MB, Recode says it's Burning 2nd Layer in its readout.

If the target size of the image on hard drive is between:

"0" MB and 931 = Completes, but does NOT say Burning 2nd Layer
    932 - 957 = Fails to finish, fails during Compiling DVD
    958 - 4,4xx (whatever the value was for DVD-5) = Completes with Burning 2nd Layer in display.

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Missy,

Sorry to see you go BUT we do have to give Craig some breathing room from time to time.

Why not put this thread in your "Favorites" list - I'm sure something that comes up here may well help - If not then I can always call on Craig to visit your thread if no one else can get to the bottom of the problem.

Always remember to PM me with the URL if you need some help and I'll be glad to stop by and give a hand AND if it turns out like this, I can call some special pple I know who can help in most everything.

Thatnk again for your understanding,

Pete

15. chancee

chancee Member

I've been following this thread and just thought I'd mention I'm having the problem of Nero Recode 2 closing/crashing from the main menu as well. I've yet to even be able to use it since I updated a couple weeks ago. I've pretty much gone back to using Shrink. I have a brand new computer with with all the high end stuff. 2 gig ram, 160 gig hard drive, etc...and hardly any other software running. Decryptor is my only other DVD associated program currently. But prior to the recent nero update - recode 2 worked fine with decryptor. I've seen some mention of serial numbers possible having something to do with it? I have the ultra edition serial number I've had for a while. Not sure if I'm supposed to have some DIGITAL serial number? Who knows. Anyway, any suggestions welcome. For now, going to sleep. My eyes have glazed over after reading about a million posts trying to figure out the problem. God forbid there just be an explanation in the support section of the nero site. -M.

16. tenplus1

tenplus1 Member

I am using the latest Nero 6.6.0.8a and NVE 3.1.0.0 updates and everything works fine apart from Recode...

When I try to load Recode it appears with an error stating that "Nero Recode 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" every time.

More info
    AppName: recode.exe
    AppVer: 2.2.6.11
    ModName: nendgui.dll
    ModVer: 3.0.0.5
    Offset: 00035cbc

Any ideas ???

17. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

@tenplus1

My version is 2.2.6.9 and works fine.

When I do update, I keep the updated downloads in one place just incase I run across any problems with them.

Do you have the older version that you can revert back to for testing?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  18. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I, too, recommend for just about all applications to keep the older versions on hand.

I don't want to be the one to test it ;) but, if anyone else is bold enough to try it and report it, check out this thread on how it may be possible to stop the Recode crashing.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/133444

19. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Dbminter,

I was finally able to find the free time to test the issue you reported with Nero Recode using a mounted ISO Image file.

I used DVD Decryptor to create a 3.52Gig ISO image of a Non-Protected DVD-Video disc. I then used NeroImage Drive to mount the ISO image file. And then I used Nero Recode 2.2.6.11 to burn that mounted ISO image file back to DVD. The process completed without any error message. Well, without any error messages during the encoding process. As you can see from the log file below, there were some errors during the burn process, but it was able to recover from them and continue to create a DVD-Video disc that is playing in all DVD-ROM drives and DVD Players that I have on hand to test with, which is quite a few here in our QA lab.

I believe you were not using our NeroImage Drive utility to mount the ISO image file. As a test, could you uninstall the program you were using, and use our Nero Image Drive to mount the ISO image and see if this has an affect? If I get the free time, I will try and test with the utility you were using to mount the Image file and see what happens. But I came here to Germany for a purpose and my time is tight, so I can not promise I can do this before next week.

Regards,

Craig

********** Nero Recode 2 **********

Version: 2.2.6.11

Craig Campbell

Project type: Copy entire DVD
    Target size: DVD5 (2282925)

07:24:57 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 56
    Command table patching started...

07:24:57 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 101
    VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 1 patched!

VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 3 patched!

VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 11 patched!

VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 12 patched!

VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 16 patched!

VTS 3 - VTSM_PGCI_UT - LU 1 - PGC 18 patched!

VTS 3 - VTS_PGCITI - PGC 1 patched!

07:24:57 File LangStreamPatcher.cpp, Line 133
    All tables successfully patched!

Burn settings:
    Target: _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A
    Number of copies: 1
    Write speed: 0 KB/s
    Temp folder: C:\Documents and Settings\ccampbell\My Documents\Nero Recode (4557721600 bytes free)
    Direct burning: false
    Target media: DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL
    Shutdown when finished: false
    Advanced Analysis: false
    Compress Adaptive: false

07:26:40 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 231
    Compile DVD: init

VMG Menus Vobs [10 vobus] 1.53MB -> 1.53MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 1.51MB, extra: 0.02MB
    Audio: 0 streams
    Subpicture: 1 streams
    0. 0. Unspecified 0.00MB [enabled]

VTS_01 Menus Vobs [4 vobus] 0.72MB -> 0.72MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 0.71MB, extra: 0.01MB

VTS_01 Title Vobs [17 vobus] 4.39MB -> 4.39MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 4.36MB, extra: 0.03MB
    Subpicture: 0 streams

VTS_02 Menus Vobs [4 vobus] 0.72MB -> 0.72MB [R 1.00]

VTS_02 Title Vobs [4751 vobus] 812.43MB -> 812.43MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 744.17MB, extra: 68.26MB
    Audio: 1 streams
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 58.98MB [enabled]

VTS_03 Menus Vobs [207 vobus] 37.79MB -> 37.79MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 35.10MB, extra: 2.69MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch Unspecified 1.82MB [enabled]
    0. 0. Unspecified 0.46MB [enabled]

VTS_03 Title Vobs [13000 vobus] 2960.97MB -> 2168.35MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 1438.26MB, extra: 730.09MB
    Audio: 5 streams
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 5.1-ch English 374.15MB [enabled]
    1. 1. DTS 5.1-ch English 631.57MB [disabled]
    2. 2. Dolby Digital 2-ch Spanish 161.05MB [disabled]
    3. 3. Dolby Digital 2-ch English- Director's Comment 160.94MB [enabled]
    4. 4. Dolby Digital 2-ch English- Director's Comment 160.55MB [enabled]
    0. 0. English - Normal Captions 9.06MB [enabled]

VTS_04 Menus Vobs [4 vobus] 0.72MB -> 0.72MB [R 1.00]

VTS_04 Title Vobs [945 vobus] 154.05MB -> 154.05MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 140.71MB, extra: 13.34MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 11.49MB [enabled]

VTS_05 Menus Vobs [4 vobus] 0.72MB -> 0.72MB [R 1.00]

VTS_05 Title Vobs [2241 vobus] 392.19MB -> 392.19MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 360.79MB, extra: 31.40MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 27.02MB [enabled]

VTS_06 Menus Vobs [4 vobus] 0.72MB -> 0.72MB [R 1.00]

VTS_06 Title Vobs [197 vobus] 33.22MB -> 33.22MB [R 1.00]
    Video: 30.16MB, extra: 3.06MB
    0. 0. Dolby Digital 2-ch English 2.68MB [enabled]

07:26:40 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1152
    Compile DVD: begin copy 1

07:26:42 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 488
    Writing to disc: DVD+RW

07:29:25 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 502
    Free capacity on disc: 2283067 sectors (2295104)

07:29:26 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 479
    Compile DVD: burning 2283067 sectors (1847330 required)

07:29:26 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 656
    Compile DVD: adjust target size to 4459.12MB (3608.07MB obtained)

07:29:26 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 524
    Compiling DVD Volume started

07:29:28 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VMG Menus Vobs

VMG Menus Vobs:
    Original 1.53MB -> Expected 1.53MB -> Output 1.53MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 10
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.02MB
    Source video size = 1.51MB
    Pictures Modified [I 0] [P 0] [B 0]

07:29:29 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_01 Menus Vobs

VTS_01 Menus Vobs:
    Original 0.72MB -> Expected 0.72MB -> Output 0.72MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.01MB
    Source video size = 0.71MB

07:29:33 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_01 Title Vobs

VTS_01 Title Vobs:
    Original 4.39MB -> Expected 4.39MB -> Output 4.39MB
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 17
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 0.03MB
    Source video size = 4.36MB

07:29:35 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_02 Menus Vobs

VTS_02 Menus Vobs:
    Finished error 0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0

07:33:41 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_02 Title Vobs

VTS_02 Title Vobs:
    Original 812.43MB -> Expected 812.43MB -> Output 812.43MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 1
    Original encoded = 4750
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 64.67MB
    Source video size = 747.76MB
    Pictures Modified [I 0] [P 0] [B 6]

07:33:50 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_03 Menus Vobs

VTS_03 Menus Vobs:
    Original 37.79MB -> Expected 37.79MB -> Output 37.79MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 207
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 2.56MB
    Source video size = 35.23MB

07:39:28 File NeroRecorder.cpp, Line 593
    Added extra file VTS_03_2.VOB

07:44:08 File NeroRecorder.cpp, Line 593
    Added extra file VTS_03_3.VOB

07:44:36 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_03 Title Vobs

VTS_03 Title Vobs:
    Original 2960.97MB -> Expected 2168.35MB -> Output 2168.35MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 1136
    Original encoded = 11864
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 718.49MB
    Source video size = 1460.14MB
    Pictures Modified [I 357] [P 434] [B 8438]

07:44:40 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_04 Menus Vobs

VTS_04 Menus Vobs:
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0

07:45:29 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_04 Title Vobs

VTS_04 Title Vobs:
    Original 154.05MB -> Expected 154.05MB -> Output 154.05MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 945
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 12.86MB
    Source video size = 141.20MB

07:45:30 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_05 Menus Vobs

VTS_05 Menus Vobs:
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0

07:47:04 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_05 Title Vobs

VTS_05 Title Vobs:
    Original 392.19MB -> Expected 392.19MB -> Output 392.19MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 2241
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 30.33MB
    Source video size = 361.86MB

07:47:05 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_06 Menus Vobs

VTS_06 Menus Vobs:
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 4
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0

07:47:11 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1058
    Compile DVD: finished VTS_06 Title Vobs

VTS_06 Title Vobs:
    Original 33.22MB -> Expected 33.22MB -> Output 33.22MB
    Finished error -0.00MB
    Ratio encoded = 0
    Original encoded = 197
    Slide encoded = 0
    StillImage encoded = 0
    Output extra size = 2.71MB
    Source video size = 30.51MB

07:47:13 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 547
    Compile DVD: completed successfuly (3608.07MB)

07:47:13 File NeroRecorderBase.cpp, Line 1096
    Burning 29 files with total size of 3783331840 bytes on hard disk

07:47:13 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 1152
    Compile DVD: begin copy 1

1a2300067130121805355821

Windows XP 5.1

IA32

WinAspi: -

ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroFiles\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 5:35:34 PM

Nero API version: 6.6.0.8

Using interface version: 6.6.0.8

Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroFiles\

Application: Ahead\Nero Recode

Recorder: <_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A> Version: 2.22 - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.6.0.8

Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1

Drive buffer : 2048kB

Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===

DiskPeripheral : HITACHI_DK23EA-30 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On

CdRomPeripheral : _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

CdRomPeripheral : NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26 imagedrv Port 2 ID 0 DMA: Off

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===

_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A D: CDRom0

NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 E: CDRom3

=======================

AutoRun : 1

Excluded drive IDs:

WriteBufferSize: 36700160 (0) Byte

ShowDrvBufStat : 0

BUFE : 0

Physical memory : 222MB (228332kB)

Free physical memory: 57MB (58936kB)

Memory in use : 74

Uncached PFiles: 0x0

Use Inquiry : 1

Global Bus Type: default (0)

Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI

7:47:15 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files reallocation started

7:47:15 AM #2 Phase 114 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files reallocation completed (no file modified)

7:47:15 AM #3 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

DVD-Video files sorted

7:51:12 AM #4 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x045B5800

HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)

TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)

Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)

Sense Code: 0x20

Sense Qual: 0x00

CDB Data: 0xFA 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x00

Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0A

0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00

7:51:12 AM #5 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

7:51:13 AM #6 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 127

Reader running

7:51:13 AM #7 Text 0 File Writer.cpp, Line 122

Writer _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A running

7:51:14 AM #8 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3293

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

7:51:14 AM #9 ISO9660GEN -11 File geniso.cpp, Line 3293

First writeable address = 0 (0x00000000)

7:51:14 AM #10 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3153

Turn on Disc-At-Once, using DVD media

7:51:15 AM #11 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 259

Last possible write address on media: 2295103 (510:01.28, 4482MB)

Last address to be written: 1847887 (410:38.37, 3609MB)

7:51:15 AM #12 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 271

Write in overburning mode: NO (enabled: CD)

7:51:15 AM #13 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2316

Recorder: _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A, Media type: DVD+RW

7:51:15 AM #14 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 433

>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<

=========================================

7:51:15 AM #15 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 830

Setup items (after recorder preparation)

0: TRM_DATA_MODE1 ()

2 indices, index0 (150) not provided

original disc pos #0 + 1847888 (1847888) = #1847888/410:38.38

relocatable, disc pos for caching/writing not required/ required, no patch infos

-> TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048, config 0, wanted index0 0 blocks, length 1847888 blocks [_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A]

--------------------------------------------------------------

7:51:15 AM #16 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1043

Prepare recorder [_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A] for write in CUE-sheet-DAO

DAO infos:

==========

MCN: ""

TOCType: 0x00; Session Closed, disc fixated

Tracks 1 to 1:

1: TRM_DATA_MODE1, 2048/0x00, FilePos 0 0 3784474624, ISRC ""

DAO layout:

===========

__Start_|____Track_|_Idx_|_CtrlAdr_|_RecDep__________

0 | lead-in | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 0 | 0x41 | 0x00

0 | 1 | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

1847888 | lead-out | 1 | 0x41 | 0x00

7:51:15 AM #17 Phase 24 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Caching of files started

7:51:15 AM #18 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 4040

Cache writing successful.

7:51:15 AM #19 Phase 25 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Caching of files completed

7:51:15 AM #20 Phase 36 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Burn process started at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

7:51:16 AM #21 Text 0 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 2609

Verifying disc position of item 0 (relocatable, disc pos, no patch infos, orig at #0): write at #0

7:51:16 AM #22 SCSI -1066 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x045B6200

Sense Code: 0x24

CDB Data: 0xAD 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x08 0x04 0x00 0x00

0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x24 0x00

7:51:16 AM #23 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

7:51:16 AM #24 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

7:51:16 AM #25 Phase 98 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Start formatting disc before burning

7:51:55 AM #26 Phase 100 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Formatting disc was successful

7:51:55 AM #27 Text 0 File DVDPlusRW.cpp, Line 638

Start write address at LBA 0

DVD high compatibility mode: Yes

8:04:05 AM #28 Text 0 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 116

<_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A> start writing Lead-Out at LBA 1847888 (1C3250h), lenght 0 blocks

8:04:05 AM #29 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 228

all writers idle, stopping conversion

8:04:06 AM #30 Text 0 File DVDPlusRW.cpp, Line 856

Media-Format will be stopped after burning

8:04:06 AM #31 Phase 127 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Generating DVD high compatibility borders

8:04:52 AM #32 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

8:04:52 AM #33 SCSI -1065 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1181

8:04:52 AM #34 Phase 37 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276

Burn process completed successfully at 4x (5,540 KB/s)

Existing drivers:

Registry Keys:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

08:04:59 File burn_dvdfiles.cpp, Line 301
    Compile DVD: exit

20. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Everyone,

The issue with Nero Recode not importing Titles or even seeing Titles in a Video_TS folder has been duplicated here in our QA labs. We have one systems our Engineers are able to duplicate this issue on. A bug report has been generated, and as soon as an Engineer is free to do so, it will be addressed. Even I was able to finally duplicate this on my laptop 5 out of 5 times, before it suddenly started working again after a fresh install of the program. But the bottom line is, we are able to duplicate it on one system, so we should be able to find out the cause and a solution.

Now I'm after this issue with Recode 'crashing' or closing when you click on any options in the Main Recode Menu window. I've not yet been able to duplicate this issue, though I have seen an increase in reports of this issue on the forums, and we've had a few customer contact our Technical support on this issue.

If a few of you could send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com and include a printout of our Nero InfoTool, and a list of any programs that you may have that you think could have an affect, such as other DVD Recording programs such as Roxio, Studio 9, etc., and any programs you may be using to bypass CSS, etc..

I need as much information as I can get to try and duplicate this issue.

Maybe you upgraded drivers for some device or controller recently. Anything at all would help, even if you believe its not likely the cause or to have an affect on the issue.

Any feedback you provide is greatly appreciated by me and Nero.

Best Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA