1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero reloaded

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by steve11, Apr 20, 2005.

1. steve11

steve11 Member

i recently downloaded a trial of this software but after installing i was not able to play any video files that i had backed up on my Hard Drive! and error saying there was a problem with the copyright appeared while trying to view them with Windows Media player , and also when trying to play them through IFOEDIT,

i am quite eager to continue using nero reloaded but wanted to know if there was any way to get aroud this problem?

methinks that nero and microsoft are in cahoots to try to stop me from backing up disks that i already own,

im using a intel celeron d 3.06ghz with windows xp sp2 and some of the files were VIDEO TS backed up with dvd shrink and some were Alcohol img files any suggestions?

2. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

First its now Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition and second you need to have a compatible DVD Codec installed to view any DVD. (CODEC= Encode/Decode) Several free ones are available but Sonic makes a nice one for about 20 bucks you get an MP3 and DVD pack to use with Windows Media Player.

3. steve11

steve11 Member

yes, i was using the nero 6.6.0.12 that i downloaded a trial of from neros website,

before i installed it i could view any dvd that was backed up on my hard drive, usually if i want have a look at it i open up the video_ts folder using ifoedit to make sure it works etc, but due to nero it suggested that there was a problem with the copyright protection on the video files and it wasnt able to continue.

this was also true of unprotected CAM footage obtained from the internet when i tried to view the mpeg with realplayer or windows media player, it worked fine before but not when the new nero was installed

on my old Service pack one PC i can use an older version of nero fine and have had no reason so far to upgrade, but service pack 2 really doesnt like the old nero, it slows the burners right down due to incompatibilities, and now i find the newest nero doesnt like me to have video files that may have come from a copyprotected or copyrighted source -

i like the nero suite it has a lot of nifty stuff on there , my computer came bundled with sonic record now which is too basic, you cant even manually set the read or write speed!

any suggestions on how to overcome this without uninstalling SP2 or any other burning progs apart from alcohol to use?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried the olde fashioned verion (6.4) of windows media player ?; i still use this, don't like the bloatware versions anway - "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe"