1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero says MPEG non compliant Why ????

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kcalibrak, Jul 18, 2003.

1. kcalibrak

kcalibrak Member

I have two MPG`s created with TMPGEnc (ripped from DVD with smartripper then DVD2AVI) One is 732MB the is 944MB I used the same encoding on each

Nero 6 says the 732MB is ok but says the 944MB is non compliant, it is only 79 minutes long, so should burn on a 80 minute (I also have 99 minute CD.} Nero 6 doesn't tell me WHY it is non compliant.

VCDEasy suggests (Insists !!) that I split the file before burning, although I can`t find anywhere in VCD easy to tell it what size CD I am using !!!

Anyway back to Nero The other question is I was told NOT to burn with DISK AT ONCE so I used Track at once, don't know why the warning or why it is important, however this is not my main issue at the moment I am really concerned about Nero insisting my file is non compliant

Sorry this is a bit muddled

Hope it makes sense

Calibra

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ok definately something wrong with encoding, did u split the files or use source range or anything?

3. kcalibrak

kcalibrak Member

Seem to have sorted it out !!!!!

It appears that NERO was unhappy because my file size was just a little too big; although overburning should have kicked in but didn't. I re-encoded with TMPGenc using slightly different parameters and the resultant file size was slightly smaller, but the TIME was the same, and NERO was happy. I didn't actually burn it, because the display size was too small, hope this doesnt make the file size too big again when i re-encode it in TMPGEnc, we'll see. I have been searching for templates for TMPGEnc, there are some around, but the one I`m after; which apparently should have ben within the program, is VCD One Disk template. Which should adjust settings to fit on one CD. The other thing I`m stuck on is the wizard in TMPGEnc at step 4/5 the % Disk size is greyed out so Ican`t change it. If I s#could set it to 100% it would be simpler, be handy if anyone knows how to `turn on` this function. Also need comment on not burning Nero with DISK AT ONCE can't find any reason for this, but would like to know

Thanks

Calibra

4. Dela

hmm how long is your movie in minutes and how what is the output mpg filesize??

5. kcalibrak

kcalibrak Member

The `movie` is 79 Minutes and the file size is now approx 820MB, it changes as I experiment with new settings in TMPGEnc, I think I`ve found a good `balance` I tried a short encode of 3 minutes this morning and it looked very good. I`ll encode the full 79 minutes overnight.....It locks my PC up completely while it is encoding (Wonder if I upgraded my 700 AMD for a 2700 AMD it would allow me to still use the PC, the rest of my Setup is very up to date....)

Anyway, my only real issues now are, Everywhere I look there are different suggested settings for TMPGEnc, Particularly the GOP setting 1-4-2 or 1-5-2 One person said it MUST be 1-4-2 for PAL, but the supplied template sets it to 1-5-2 for PAL ?????

The second issue is the greyed out disk percentage setting in wizard step 4/5, it seems impossible to access this apart from within the Wizard

I guess I`ll just continue experimenting and wjen I find good values I`ll post them for others

Just need some answers on the points I raised

Thanks

PS This is a very quiet forum !!!!!!!!!!

Calibra

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003
  6. Dela

Well why not just use the project wizard?? that will set all the best settings - file - project wizard!

7. kcalibrak

kcalibrak Member

Very Sucinct (hope I speltthat correctly) reply

Yes I could usethe Wizard, but I`ve spent ages setting up a template with optimal settings, If I use the wizard I`ll have to enter them every time

Plus I still havn't found out how to `open` the % disk size` option in step 4 out of 5 of the wizard

Thanks

Calibra

8. Dela

Well the propject wizard would have been the better choice, it chooses all the best settings anyway, except motion search precision should be set to highest quality!