1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero says not enough Room!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by garya, Feb 21, 2004.

1. garya

garya Member

Hi,
    I am running xp pro using dvd shrink 3.0 beta 5. Everytime I attempt to burn the DVD, I get a message from nero saying there is not enough room on the blank. The disc shows 4.483 mb of free space. But nero always .6mb used. This is the same for 3 different manufacturer's discs. I had been using an loder version of nero but just downloaded the latest demo version to see if this would help. As an added note, I bought DVD xcopy gold a while back. When I use the regular copy,it burns, and will play on the pc but not on my dvd player. Using express it goes through the whole burnprocess but I get an unknown file type error when I try to play the disc. BYW, my p[layer will play burns made by a buddy using shrink and nero. The dvd burner manuf has been no help. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try shrinking the movies down like 1% more than automatic compression is set at and see if that works.