1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Scout Permission Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Angel1912, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Angel1912

Angel1912 Member

Hi Peeps!
    Im trying to use Nero Media Share to stream AVI/Divx etc movies to my PS3 but im encountering more than my fair share of problems.

I've found guides on the internet that talk you though how to do this with Nero Media Share but im not having any luck.

I'm running Nero 7.10.1.0 on Vista Home Premium. The program installs with no problems and i tick to configure Nero Scout on first run. PC reboots but then i get an error message saying that Scout can not run because i do not have sufficient privileges and for me to consult the administrator.
    I am running as an administrator so i cant see the problem. When i try to locate scout it is not listed anywhere under the start menu! Nothing, zilch zero!!! I have looked in windows Explorer and My Computer as the website suggest but again nothing there! I did manage to locate NeroScoutOptions under Program Files/Common/Ahead/Lib but when i try and run it i again get the same error message. I have tried right clicking and running as administrator but nothing.
    I have disabled User Account Control and tried it again but no luck.
    I have formatted PC and started with a fresh version of windows but still nothing!
    Can anyone help? PLEASE!!!

2. bonkabonk

bonkabonk Member

If you have a DELL pc, can you tell me how you installed Windows again?
    Or any kind of pc, I thought windows xp and higher did not allow re-installs? How did you work around that?

As to your problem, Scout is launched from the toolbar, next to the system tray in winxp. isn't this the same in vista?
    did u try to find the exe? with *nero*.exe or *scoot*.exe?

What are your pc specs?

3. Angel1912

Angel1912 Member

No the PC is not Dell. It is an Advent. The OS is Windows Vista (which u can format and reinstall).
    The PC specs are:
    P4 3.2 with HT
    2gb DDR Ram
    There is nothing on the toolbar and nothing listed under start menu for Scout. But as i said i did find Scout Options in Program Files but it just wont let me run it because of this privaleges thing.