1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Showtime 1.5.0.4 will not play DVD from folder

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by reddawn52, Aug 15, 2004.

1. reddawn52

reddawn52 Member

I have installed Nero 6.3* a few times, each time I rebuild my computer. I recently rebuilt my pc two weeks ago, and I have installed Nero 6.3.*. I have been able in the past to watch DVD's using Showtime and the "play from folder" option. However, now I cannot play DVD's from a folder.

I am using the same software as before the past XP Pro install. What am I missing, or what haven't I installed to be able to play DVD's from the file system?

Thanks.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

What error messages are you getting when you attempt to play from a folder?

And this is assuming the folder contains the VOB files associated with what you would find on a DVD of course. :)

Regards,

Craig

3. reddawn52

reddawn52 Member

I am not receiving any error messages, all I receive when I try and play a dvd from the file system, is a popup window is this... "Due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not availible. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-in." Then there are two blue hyperlinks... "Find out more about the DVD-Video Plug-in" and "Purchase the DVD-Video Plug-in now".

I have been able to play dvd's from the file system before with Nero Showtime. It stopped working after I rebuilt this new box and put a clean XP Pro OS on it. I am thinking I have not installed some codec or plug-in, but I am not sure which one?

Yes, I am playing the correct Video_Ts directory in order to play my dvd from the filesystem. I can even get BSPlayer to play my vob files, but Showtime will not.

Any idea as to which codecs or which pieces of the puzzle I am missing?

Thanks.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The message window that is coming up is indicating that the MPEG-2/DVD Plugin is not installed. Without this, Nero ShowTime will only play VCDs. It will not play SVCDs or DVDs.

If you have an OEM-2 version of Nero, I would expect this. But if you purchase a Retail versoin of Nero or have an OEM-3 bundle this should not occur. You may only need to reinstall our latest NeroVision from our website and this could resolve your issue as it install our Nero Showtime software at the same time. As long as it detects a serial key for Retail or OEM-3 bundle, it will install the MPEG-2/DVD Encoder.

Regards,

Craig