1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero, shrink and vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by orngcrsh, Apr 5, 2007.

1. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

I currently have an oem version of nero (its version 6.XXX) and it wont work with my vista notebook. I'm trying to get it to burn with dvd shrink. My understanding is that i have to pay for a newer version which will be compatible with vista. changing my OS to XP is not an option right now. Are there possibly any freeware or open source programs that will take place of nero in shrink? thanks for the help!!

best,
    Joseph

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Just like to add, only versions 7.5.9.0 and later are Vista compatable.

4. crazy57

crazy57 Member

hi,I downloaded img burn but it doesnt show up on the burn settings of dvd shrink I'm I doing something wrong?

5. crazy57

crazy57 Member

hi,I downloaded img burn but it doesnt show up on the burn settings of dvd shrink I'm I doing something wrong?

6. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

There are some guides you can follow to get imgburn to work with shrink.. there is a link above with some very helpful guides.

I gave up on shrink and was able to purchase clonddvd, which i am using with dvdfab decrypter (since dvd decrypter got shut down and will no longer be updated. it works great.

also wanted to ask... is there ONE program that will do the entire copy/burn process of my personal dvds? I know i'll have to pay for it but thats of no concern right now.. i just got my scholarship payment the other day :)!!

7. crazy57

crazy57 Member

Thanks for that orgcrsh,dvd shrink with nero on XP used to do the whole thing,shame its not working on vista :(

8. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

anytime crazy..
    i spent all day yesterday figuring something out. let me know how it works for you and what you use :)