1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero splits the file ? What the....!?!?!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by lukeinoz, Oct 26, 2004.

1. lukeinoz

lukeinoz Guest

Hi all.

Not happy with the results of capturing video to my hard drive with Pinnacle 9 (Nero won't capture the audio no matter what I try) I bit the bullet and bought a DVD recorder after seeing the far superior results on a friend's newly purchased DVD recorder.

Tranferred some old video to a DVD tonight and thrilled with the results. Extracted the files to my hard drive with DVD Shrink so I could then edit them etc. in Nero.

Started importing them into Nero Vision Express...it was all looking good...until suddenly Nero started breaking the clips up into lots of little pieces...WTF is that about ? I can't see any setting anywhere that stops it...OMG ! Even when I merge them all back together, which Nero provides an option to do, there is a 1 second black-spot between each "join" (where there shouldn't have been joins at all). At first I thought it must have been the size of the files (even though they were only old music clips a few minutes long) so I tried a 45 second sample and it STILL did it, splitting it into 4 parts :eek:(

I'm using the latest version of Nero with all latest updates.

Please excuse the desperate tone...it just seems that every step forward I take in trying to learn about this I'm hit with another inexplicable and utterly frustrating obstacle.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,
    Luke

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

What OS do you have?

3. lukeinoz

lukeinoz Guest

Hi Biosgain, thanks for replying.

I'm running XP, 1.5GB of RAM, 200GB hard drive, it's a powerful machine....could XP have something to do with it ? All my software if fully legal and registered too. I did a search through the Nero faqs but can't find anything about it...I'm so disheartened by this especially after buying the dvd recorder :(

Cheers,
    Luke

4. lukeinoz

lukeinoz Guest

ummm, that should have read that the software I'm using IS fully legal and registered...including Nero and Win XP.

Cheers,
    Luke