1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero stops at 2%

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by blart000, Jun 8, 2007.

1. blart000

blart000 Member

I have just downloaded DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrinker to copy DVDs. Since I have Nero 6, I first inserted the DVD, then used DVD Decrypter, and saved the file in a folder on my Desktop. Then I used DVD Shrinker (I chose the folder, and chose Backup). Then it took about 2 hrs to Shrink it, and then it started burning it using Nero. Then it got to 1%, and it stopped... it stayed at 1% for more than 4 hrs, and the noise of when it usually burns a DVD wasn't there. So i thought that the conjunction with Nero didn't work, so i did it automatically. I opened Nero Express, I chose the DVD drive i wanted to use, and chose the option to burn a DVD movie. There were 2 folders ready and i double clicked the one with MOV (???.. the one with a red color). Then i added all the files of the shrunk movie, and then chose BURN. It started normally, but then stuck at 2%. It stopped doing the sound it usually does when buring, and then after 4 hrs of inactivity I took it out, and gave up!

What should I do?

The DVD- writer DRIVE i am using is an LG Super Multi DVD rewriter, and the DVD i used was a Smatbuy DVD.

PLS HELP!

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

blart,

You need to track down and post the Nero error log. I think it can be found in this subdirectory "Program Files>Ahead>Nero>".

Besure to edit out your serial number before posting!

3. blart000

blart000 Member

What do u mean by error log? There is no error message that comes up... it simply stops working...

What is the serial number?

4. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Well, if not an error log, you should still have a history log. This should contain info on what Nero is doing up until it hangs.

Regarding your serial number, if you open Nero Smartstart, click on the "fire" button on the bottom right, then click on the serial number tab. This is your serial number for Nero which you should edit out of the log before posting. You don't want someone else grabbing and using your serial number.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007