1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero taking a long time to burn with new pioneer dvr-a06

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by snowcrash, Jan 7, 2004.

1. snowcrash

snowcrash Member

i got myself a pioneer a06 burner for my christmas present and put it in on monday. have not really had any problems with it yet, but did notice one while burning a cd-r the other night.

i dragged the files over to the left, clicked burn, and the burning window came up and i thought everything was fine. the problem came when it took about 11 minutes to burn the cd. i have no idea what was going on, but the progress bar would just move very slowly in percents (go to 8%, sit a little, jump to 17%). i used stomps recordnow max and it burns it fine in 3-4 minutes at max speed though. i never had a problem with my old cd burner i had in nero though, as it would burn fine. i like using nero better since it puts the name of the song on the cd with the track automatically when it burns as the other doesn't. i just don't want to have to wait 11 minutes on a 60 minute cd-r, and i don't know how long it will take burning a full-length dvd-r if that's the way it acts.

i'm using 5.5.10.35 enterprise edition! do i need to upgrade to nero 6, or should the one i'm using work. it just seems like it added time to it with the burn or something now that my burner has the buffer under-run protection w/2mb cache.

i'm hoping somebody can help or have any ideas to this. thanks :)

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What are the system specs? The rated speed for the media? What speed did you select?

3. snowcrash

snowcrash Member

i appreciate the reply, but i think i've fixed the problem.

i think it was my older version of nero, but i upgraded to the latest one of 6.3.0.2 i believe and it works great doing cd-r's, now i just need some dvd's to burn.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nice! :)