1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Transcoding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by burrell9, Mar 2, 2005.

1. burrell9

burrell9 Member

How Come when i try to make a dvd-video that it takes like 2 hours for nero to transcode the dvd and then like 5 mins to burn it ?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

thats how long it can take for Nero to transcode. It uasly takes me 2 hours to 6 hours to transcode depending on how big the files are.

When I download movies off the net it uasly takes me 2 hours to make a DVD-Video with Nero Express

When I copy my VHS tapes to DVD-Video it takes between 3 to 4 hours for Nero to do its work.

As of burning the DVD it dosent take long at all cause its just wrting the information onto disc.

3. burrell9

burrell9 Member

tahnks for the reply do u know if there is any other way to put a menu in a dvd without using nero and taking like 3 hours ?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Im sure there are other programs out there. But I dought they would be any quicker. Probably take the same time or close to it.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There are plenty of proggys that will do this, but quicker? No NVE is probably the fastest if you want the menus and all.. The only way to make it go faster is to get the biggest processor on the market right now.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  6. burrell9

burrell9 Member

thanks for the reply's guys