1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO TUTORIALS

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rtrg, Dec 23, 2007.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Laddyboy--- thank you for the tips. I broght up the tutorial from NERO but it did not work beyond the contents page. No selection made brought up details. As this tower was givin to me I have very little specs to pass along. Compaq told me that there are too many variables involved in any two towers that are labled the same, that they cannot give me any guidence either. The only suggestion was to replace drives and try it. That brings up the same problems, I have no idea how to find video files that are on the net/web, download them to either my hard drive and/or rewrite drive. I also would like to use rewrite discs as opposed to single write discs. Again NERO is a mystery to me. So many issues and I still have yet to find answers. I also would feel more comfortable IMPORTING my own video from tape or disc, but I need advice on capture devices, how they work, does NERO regognize them, if needed, ect. The questions are unlimited. I WILL take your advice and use your link and keep searching. Maybe in 10 years or so I will figure this out just in time to start all over again with what ever is next! Will it ever be EASY as vcrs are? I don*t think so. Engineers are to smart for there own good. They design products for themselves, they have little respect for the end user who have to struggle with the monsters they create.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi again.

It is best to respond back to the orignal thread and not start a new one. It was only by accident that I discovered this new post. If you post back to the original thread anyone who responded as well as new members will see your response.

I'm not sure why you couldn't get to the other pages of that document. Sometimes it takes quite a while for the entire pdf to download to your computer. Using PgUp and PgDn keys should work to navigate to other pages.

http://www.signvideo.com/conv-v-to-d.htm
    http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/copy-vhs-to-dvd.html

One of the easiest ways to copy VHS to DVD is with a standalone recorder. Hook the VHS up to your standalone recorder, use a RW disk in your DVD recorder, press record on the standalone DVD recorder and play on the VHS. Copy the recorded DVD to your HDD and edit and then burn to a DVD-R.

If you just do an internet serach for "How do I ......." you'll likely find what you want.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

laddyboy--- thanks for your advice, i will use your links and see where they take me. As for the recorder, at this point I don*t own one. I did print a couple of owners manuals for two specific models and I was amazed at how complicated they seem to be to operate as compared to vcrs, at least judgeing from the manuals. One was 112 pages! That seems to long to me. Incidently these 2 machines were NON HDD mogels. A HDD manual is probably 150 pages! At this point I think I will stay with tape. These machines are NOT available at retail in general. Most of the sales people I have come across are not techie enogh to explain how they work.Now that I have solved the CP disc copying issue, there is no real need to change to disc. Not unless someone can work with me personaly and give me lessons which is highly unlikely.