1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero ultra 6

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jstech, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jstech

jstech Member

was using nero 5.5 with aopen crw 5224. tried to upgrade to nero 6. installed, applied updates from nero site. click on nero- hour glass appears, program doesn't. finally got smartstart started, clicked on anything in smartstart, got hour glass, and then nothing.nero site shows they support my recorder. but nothing works. had to drop back to 5.5 i really wanted to use 6. any suggestions.

2. thefarter

thefarter Guest

Bad news I`m afraid, going from version 5 to 6 is not a free upgrade :(
    The only thing you can do is purchase a key number from nero ;)

3. jstech

jstech Member

who said i used a "free" upgrade. i have a purchased copy of nero 6. i own it- i have the cd key. it installed the way it was supposed to!. it just doesn't work!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  5. thefarter

thefarter Guest

jstech
    You may not have said used a "free" upgrade as such but you also did not say that you purchased version 6. PPl need to supply the full infomation when posting requests then they may get the right infomation first off.

6. jstech

jstech Member

g- i thought most people were honest and that they would have purchased the software that they are using. Sorry that i did not assume that i was conversing with a bunch of pirates! so that said, i have a licensed, bought, copy of nero ultra 6, which i cannot get to work. i am running a p3, 1.4 ghz machine. plenty of hard drive space. turned off antivirus before installing, etc. still can't get it to work. installs, or at least looks like it installs, click on program, hour glass comes up with arrow, hour glass goes away, and program closes into cyberspace,.
    any morre thoughts

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

jstech ?????

Have you done what Nephilim suggested -- That is uninstall using NERO TOOLS. then re-installing a fresh downloaded copy of YOUR bought Nero ?

This board is a forum where you can get help -- however when suggested to try something , it would be appreciated you gave it a shot and came back with your reply !

We do not get paid here to help you!

8. jvwheel

jvwheel Member

jstech, I have been having a few problems with Aheads serial numbers myself and think I ran accross something on their site about the keys bought from their store not working with the upgrade downloads. Think it said something about redownloading the program as they identified and fixed the problem. Don't know if this is applicable or not, but you might check their FAQ - serial numbers.

9. thefarter

thefarter Guest

jstech. Sorry that i did not assume that i was conversing with a bunch of pirates!!This has nothing to do with piracy dickhead! If you got nero 5 or nero 6 you get free upgrades. But you cant get a free upgrade from 5 to 6 thats all I said

10. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You complain that when helping people all you get shit -- consider how you treat people -- watch your flaming or watch your account dissapear.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, XP2500+ OC'd to XP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700 OC'd to PC3200
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  11. thefarter

thefarter Guest

Just not happy when being compaired to software piracy!Dunno why jstech assumed that..Come to that stuff it please make my account dissapear.

12. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Child.

13. Bohemian

Bohemian Guest

Nero 6 wave editor won't load CD tracks/files or MP3s or anything else. I just get error messages immediataly after making the attempt. Can anybody help me. All I want to do is edit some CD tracks... EQ'ing mostly but I'd like to also truncate noisy/loose endings and snip off a few milliseconds from the beginnings. I'm sure I could handle these chores if I could just get the tracks to load.

14. olk

olk Member

Ever tried cooledit? A nice fullfeatured sound/wave editor. Have been told by windowsfolks that it can do all you are asking for, chopping off unwanted stuff and all, and do fading and lot of sound manipulation filtering etc.

good luck :)
    olk

15. Bohemian

Bohemian Guest

Never heard of cooledit. I'll see if I can find it. I hope it's either shareware or freeware. I paid $70 for Nero and it does not appear to do what it said it would do and that was the only reason I bought it in the first place. I don't want to run into the same problem with cooledit. I am not happy with Nero at all. I feel like I've been ripped off by them. And they wonder why people pirate the stuff. If the damned thing worked and I'd GLADLY have paid for it. As it is, I just feel like I've been robbed. Thanks for the info, though. I'll see what I can find.

16. olk

olk Member