1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Ultra 7 Sucks

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by scottck, Oct 16, 2007.

1. scottck

scottck Member

I have used nero for years. I just bought a new pc. HP with media center. Vista home prem. I use the feature to burn DVD Slides the majority of the time. Since upgrading to new pc and installing nero 7. I've had more failed burns, usually the first time burning a project was no problem. However if I decided to open project back up and burn another of the same is usually when I would get a failed burn. Never had any problems with the bundle on older pc. Nero tech support is slow. Usually takes 4 days before they respond. They sent me a tool to get rid of some drivers that didn't work well with the program. This caused an error somthing about shell manager. Using tool on the Nero website I uninstalled and reinstalled program. Still getting failed burns. anyone else experience somthing similar?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Why not post one of your burn logs if you saved one. Maybe your burner is faulty or has out of date firmware or you're using lousy quality media. While I have bones to pick with both Nero 7 and Nero 8, burning is not one of them. That said, 90% of the time I use ImgBurn for burning DVDs. In Vista I think the log is at the location below but you have to explicitly save the log. It's not saved automatically.

Desktop/Your Comp Name/App Data/Roaming/Ahead/Nero History