1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Ultra worth it?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mbehmazia, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mbehmazia

mbehmazia Member

You guys have never failed to give me the answers that I need. Much appreciated. I really am getting into converting downloaded files more. Would you suggest the Nero Ultra and included updates for this purpose? I realize it does much more. Michael

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I changed your thread title so you'd get more help. We definitely appreciate the thanks :D

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I hear it works pretty good. I would also try VSO's divxtodvd.

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if you want speed and simplicity and dont really care how poor the output quality is, then yeah go with nero....but if your looking for quality and want complete control over how the program converts the source file then you'll have to use a real mpeg encoder like tmpgenc, mainconcept, cinema craft encoder or canopus procoder.

5. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

i like vso divxtodvd because it is just so easy, but there is a little quality lost compared to tmpgenc, but it only takes me 1hr to encode a video with vso and about 12 hours with tmpgenc