1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero UltraEdition 6.0 Underrun

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Eniffey, May 9, 2004.

1. Eniffey

Eniffey Member

Hey guys! First off I've been running the search engine in this site trying to avoid to start a new topic regarding BUFFER LEVEL UNDERRUN. I have burned over 150 dvd's with no problem before. As you know, when we burn with DVD-Video, normally it says 14-15 minutes countdown how long the DVD will take to burn where it did before. The buffer level use to be 95% and higher consistently and burn at the given time. Now it takes about 20 minutes minimum to 25 minutes burning. The disc are 4X. I have tried Verbatim, TDK, and Maxell. They were working fine but now underrun. The buffer level jumps from 93%, 16%, 45%, 98% and so forth rapidly. I have tried the Device Manager and all are set at DMA not PIO. I have reinstalled Nero. I have defragmented also. If you want some specs on my computer which I find elite is: P4 2.8ghz 800 FSB, 80gb, 1.25 gb of DDR RAM. Yes it is 1.25gb of RAM, I'm a advance gamer. So please don't tell me that my CPU is not equipped to burn. So please any suggestions will be great.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Eniffey, The way your buffer is going up and down looks like the IDE is PIO. But you said you checked the Ide controllers. Do you have something NEW running in the background using your resources?? Your CPU is fast enough so there shouldn't be any problem there. RAM is way up there. Shouldn't be any problem with the system specs. Just looks like something is running and working in the background. A friend of mine picked up the SASSER virus last week, looked like something was always running when he wasn't doing anything.

Jerry

3. Eniffey

Eniffey Member

Disk Defragmented twice, Update Virus McAfee and ran it (no virus found). Burned another movie and still underrun badly. Almost 24 minutes for a 14 minute job. DMA at all driver/IDE. No PIO. Nothing running such as AIM or Antivirus on. Please help! Thanks for the respond Jerry but didn't do any good. Any more suggestions. More than welcomed. Also, I have the disc of Nero Ultra Edition 6.0 but can't find my serial number damnit! Excuse my language. I was going to format the whole drive because of this but then I would have a problem reinstalling Nero. Anyone could e-mail me there if possible. Doubt it but worth a shot. (JayKab0408@aol.com) Please help with this serious underrun. CPU usage is only at 48% but what I noticed different is that Nero starts this time by saying Uknown Burning Phase throughout burning?

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  4. Eniffey

Eniffey Member

Hey guys... PROBLEM SOLVED.. I just uninstalled my NEC ND-1100A and then re-downloaded the driver from dell and then it worked as good as new. Now the problem is with my Nero. It burns and reads out unknown phase although it is working.

5. grogey

grogey Guest

Hi Eniffey
    Nero 6.0 was known to be very buggy - so go visit the nero website and update to 6.3.1.10.

You will get your serial number back when you update the version. If you do an uninstall of old version first it will give you the serial to use when installiing newer version. Or if you click on the update button Nero automatically accepts your current serial number and applies it to the upgrade.

6. grogey

grogey Guest