1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero v6.6.0.8

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rotary, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

new nero out!

ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.8.exe

Version Number: 6.6.0.8
    (Changes from Package #1, Version 6.6.0.6 to 6.6.0.8)

Release Date: 02-21-2005

New Features
    Added LightScribe support
    Added support for DVD-R Dual Layer format

Bug Fixes
    The application did not start in the desired user language
    Nero failed to correctly identify the source media during a DVD copy process
    Added/corrected some small language related GUI changes
    It was not possible to enter a file/folder name which contains 0x5c characters
    Nero wrongly reported 'Not enough space on the disc' in unfinalized multisession compilations
    ISO9660-1999 was set to all compilations which made the discs unreadable on OS prior to Windows XP
    Nero Express did not offer anymore saving error logfiles
    Added localization for the audio plug-in manager
    Resolved a wrong behavior when double clicking on the column separator in Audio and Video compilation view
    The user was still in the ISO view when ISO9660:1999 was enabled in the compilation properties
    The wrong track number was displayed for playing an audio/video tracks in audio/video compilations
    In (S)VCD compilations, when switching the file system to ISO Joliet; it did not enable Unicode names
    Removed unsupported *.pbm file format from the filter of the open file dialog
    For (S)VCD compilation, *.wmf files could not be added anymore and the file preview was not working
    In an audio CD compilation, when clicking the headline to sort the order, the start and end time were not corrected

Version Number: 6.6.0.6
    (Changes from Package #1, Version 6.6.0.3 to 6.6.0.6)

Release Date: 01-10-2005

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a DVD 'On the Fly' copy problem
    Booktype settings explanation is added in the GUI
    Fixed a problem with copying a DVD video over image
    Re-encoding of MPEG-1 files to (S)-VCD is improved
    Fixed failure to fully erase DVD-RAM
    Burning some ASF files caused "Unknown error in the Video MPEG encoder"
    Switching to NeroExpress did not close the preview
    The save track operation (save as image) did not warn if there was not enough hard disc drive space and no image file was created
    Changing the volume creation date caused an error
    If an audio CD is created and the source file names are long, the print function can now print all pages

Version Number: 6.6.0.3
    (Changes from Package #1, Version 6.6.0.1 to 6.6.0.3)

Release Date: 11-29-2004

Bug Fixes
    Changed disc-info dialog to display formatted area and total capacity for a DVD+RW media
    Implemented an error message if a file is missing to be written for a compilation
    The Windows XP application auto launch feature was not working for DVD-Video on a German Windows XP SP2 System
    Added again the file support for using ASF/WMV/DV/MOV/TIFF file types for a (S)VCD compilation
    When adding MP4 files to a video compilation, there was no preview displayed anymore for such file types
    In some cases, the application did fail in writing to an attached USB recorder
    If the pause before the first track is not exact 2s (150 frames) then Nero failed in copying such audio discs
    It was not possible anymore of adding mp3-files to an Audio-CD Compilation
    Some correct serial numbers were detected as an invalid serial number
    Drop down menu to select the recorder was cut off when using large font settings for the Operating System
    A error message was appearing multiple times if syntax was incorrect for the compilation date option
    Writing a CUE/BIN image was not possible if the image file name did contain spaces
    The calculated time for the burning process was not accurate
    Nero did reject renaming a ISO file name to a file name including a dot
    The application did terminate when switching the video preview back from fullscreen
    Improved the performance for analyzing and adding a MPEG file to a SVCD compilation
    In some cases an "internal error" appeared after adding a video file to a SVCD compilation

=================================
    if you see .7 dont use it! BUGGED!
    =================================

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Thanks for the heads up. So I checked, and "Package 2" also has been updated (I checked specifically for updates to NVE and Nero Recode 2).

So we're all going to simulate a DOS attack now, right? ;) (Humm...that's what getting to AD is like lately. Be glad when the new server(s) are up and running. Any day now, right?)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ bazilla

you can say that again,

[bold]WE NEED / WANT A NEW SERVER - or dump the google adds that load everytime you click a link![/bold]

hehehe - but it is dam annoying, i left here for 12 months hoping they would fix it! it just got to me in the end...

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Be more specific which end..

5. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Does anyone know if this is a nero update, eg: will use current registration. Or is it a you must pay for this release and get a new serial?

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

there are updates, theres a link on the download page for updates and not full apps! not sure on paying?

@ Gringle, and what i mean by in the end is the pages didnt load for say a few hours, SUCKED! its not so bad now you just click say 10 times and sit and hope! smoke a ciggy and if it loads your on a winner!

;-])-~

7. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Wull I don't smoke, But I can understand
    yer conception of what I am.. and accept
    what you think I am

and what
    I am is

outside your perception.

©fenwalker.2005.

OK I write poetry.

Trust me I'me just under six foot built like a brick shit-house, fought for queen? and country (at thet karate stuff)

even worse I could/can out-stare thet Steve Mc'queen.