1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nero v6 agianst Nero v5 - HAVE Your Say !!! ***

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Rotary, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi all

PART 1

hi all

** Notes for nero **

In nero v5 i use the 2 addons! which are nero dvd plugin encoder and nero mpeg2 encoder now do other peoiple use these or not with there nero?

[​IMG]

also are these needed for version v6?

are people useing an original nero package or a downloaded hacked or patched version? it may be like CDRWIN put a bad serial in and woopee shit currupt burns?

also i did not see the option for TAO in the new v6 nero? although i think its more audio cda format stuff music cds to stop start on each track burnt! but i think DAO is better? not sure with that? i burn music on nero v5 with DAO and all come out fine! i never use TAO!

I think TAO has an issue for better cdr burns on game discs!?! with securom and safedisc protection!?! another game all together! so lets move on!

Also to note that nero v6 has OVERBURN SET "ON" by default! could this be an issue as outer edge data causes problems on standalones (choppy video) ?

ok, all there is more food for thought for the pot to stir around abit!

i will investigate more! i am going to burn a dvd-rw film with the new nero and get back to you!

Thx...

EDIT:

notes from nero website!

DVD-Video Plug-in

Make your own blockbuster video and burn it on DVD
    The DVD-Video Plug-in has all functionalities to store your memories for future generations on DVD-Video, (S)VCD and miniDVD. Be creative and share the result with your family and friends.

The DVD-Video Plug-in contains the following components:

MPEG-2/DVD De-/Encoder
    MPEG-2/SVCD De-/Encoder
    Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2.0 De-/Encoder
    ©2003 Copyright Ahead Software. All rights reserved.

PART 2

Ok, just had my first play with Nero v6 i used the same ettings as i use in Nero v5 which are UDF/ISO partion v1.02 no multi all that in the new Nero and SHIT! will not play in standalone or my PS2 ? but it does auoplay in the pc with powerdvd! also when i used this method i got an error when drag and dropping the vobs etc across sying non-compliant dvd material might not play in dvd players! it was correct! it didnt! but same settings in Nero v5 it works?

Also i then treid dvd-video setting which puts 2 folders there for you the audio and video ts ones i drop all files in the VIDEO_TS folder ok! no error mesgae this time! but it wont let me burn now? the button cant be clicked? odd! so i chuck any old files in the audio folder so they both have files in both folders and yes i can click burn now! so to leave the folde for sound empty and i cant burn? wierd! so i dumped new Nero like a hot coal and put Nero v5 back in i am doing the same settigs again for dvd-r to see if it works in my standalone once more

BACK SOON just burning now!

Thx...

EDIT:

Ok i used nero v5 and same settings and same vobs etc and alls fine with the backup! so from this we can say that nero v6 has some wierd goings on here!

Also to note when i put vobs in the video ts folder it woulndt allow the burn icon to be clicked but emtpy that folder and put all files in the audio folder and it would allow burning! now thats strange!!!

*Stay tuned folks*

Anyone else using nero v5 or v6 please write your findings here - good or bad ones!

I think we need this as a sticky as there is something real wrong with his new nero v6! and if we can sort it out here the makers maybe able to put it right! as this nero program in mind has been a "DIAMOND of a program to date!"

Thx....___X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  2. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Hey there friend I use Nero6 and my dvd's come out just fine. I use the DVD Video format for the above mentioned reason. I dont know why it wont let your burn when adding all files to VIDEO_TS folder. Mine does just fine.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Feck nero 6, why change something that works a treat?? Im happy, so ill stick with the less problematic Nero 5.5.10.42

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

do you use the 2 addons i used? are they needed?

yes i am back to nero v5 same as you!

thx...

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition & am happy with it. Everything is encompassed within this version!

I still have older 5.5.10.42 version w/ both the aforementioned plug-in(s) ...

I did explain to you to use DVD-Video setting in Nero 6 : )
    I have no problems with DVD-Video like having to put anything into AUDIO_TS folder (?)
    You can use Nero Express for DVD-Video or Nero Burning Rom , you didnt state ..?
    Also did you try the Nero 6 Ultra or Nero 6.0.0.15 etc ??

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there herbs!

no i didnt try that one i got the nero burning rom with express! v6.0.0.19 latest!

i used that setting you say video-dvd and put all files in the video ts older and the burn button wont click! i throw any ile into audio folder and it will click!

but whats relly odd is i put all vob in the AUDIO folder and have an empty VIDEO folder and i can click burn with no errors!

Wierd um?/

7. herbsman

Yeah , I'd suggest Nero 6 Ultra to anyone as there has been bugs (recognized ones at that) in the last few versions of Burning Rom.
    It's nice to have the Nero 6 pack with all encoders , I have only used Nero Vision Express a couple of times as I have TMPGEnc DVD Author!

peace

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there herbs!

yes i think the next play will be the ultra! all understood...

also isnt nero rom part of ultra?

Thx...

9. herbsman

Yes , and it seems to be a stable version of Burning Rom within the Ultra package.
    But you can also use Nero Express with the wizard type interface to do everything , has a slightly different way to certain features. I actually use Express myself for DVD-Video !

L8r

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have non of the plug-ins, though i dont really feel a need for them as i use other programs to do my encoding :D

11. koola

koola Guest

Nero 6.0 all the way!

I have never had any problems with this great piece of software for coping CD/DVD's. V5 was good but V6 is ace!!

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes all these good reports on nero! and i am a big nero fan and have been for years! but i was taken a back by the unpreditable way the new ne acted with me? very odd! i even instaled it 4 times to see if installation was currupt! but no it still wouldnt allow the burn button to be clicked! i could fill the AUDIO folder with vob/ifo/bup and have an empty VIDEO folder and i could click it! its as though it was loaded back to front?

thx all - stay tuned!

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Your not the only one that had problems my friend, i have read tonnes of problems with it. Lets face it, Nero is the piece of CD Writing software, but we can do much beter with record Now deluxe :-D

14. lowfour

lowfour Member

DVDShrink 3.0Beta5 + Nero 6.0.19 UDF/ISO backups won't play in standalone players. Same DVDShrinked-ripped material will play flawlessly when burnt with DiscJuggler 4.1.

Same media and same internal/standalone players used in the test. Conclusion: Nero 6 made me spend a lot of €uros in coasters!!!!!! :-(

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

thats interesting!!!

but what about dvd shrink v3.0beta5 and nero DVDivideo mode?

have you tested this way?

Thx....

16. lowfour

lowfour Member

Hi!

No, I did not try with DVDvideo mode... I just thought Nero would simply add the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders... maybe that mode DOES something more than that!

Actually, Nero warns you when trying to burn ripped material with the UDF/ISO format: "this won't be compatible with standalone players, use DVDvideo mode instead", or something similar.

I am puzzled! Will stick to DiscJuggler...

BTW, my burner is an LG GSA4040B (+R, -R, DVDRam etc)

17. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Nero 6 demo off web site with serial off another :O) (to expensive to buy if you’re trying to save cash by ripping DVDs)

Works a treat, use Shrink Beta to rip and Nero "make DVD button" to burn. Only one out of 25 failed so far and I think that was more me.

Ps. Copying is not bad for the industry, if I copy films I would have never bought then they have lost nothing, in fact they have gained from me renting it in the first place!!!

18. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Herbsman.....I have Nero Ultra Edition v6.0.0.15. I can find nothing in it that allows me to convert an mpeg into dvd-video format. The only encoder I can find is for music formats only. How do you do that?

Does it do it automatically if I drag an mpeg file into the VIDEO_TS folding it provides?

19. herbsman

You want the Nero DVD-Encoder plug-in Bodene to convert mpeg to vob

Alternatively you could get Nero Vision Express 2.0 : )