1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nero V6300 What the hell is going on??? ***

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Rotary, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

NERO SUCKS AGAIN!!!

Just tried nero v6300 and when i try to burn any image i had from previous version it makes coasters! it caches files then at the piont where it starts to burn, up pops error

"windows xp says NERO.EXE has caused an error it will shut down!" do i want to report it to MSN - No!

It will make an image data cd, i burnt a dvdr with it! but a dam data normal no effert cd wont burn? same discs same images - dam 10 coasters later!

re-installed aspi layer - uninstalled all drives and loaded back in! nothing!

i have chucked nero v6300 in the scrap heap!

since nero v5 versions they have totally FU*KED this program up!

I have been an avid nero fan for years but all these bugs and updates are starting to suck now BIG TIME!!!

anyone getting stupid problems with this?

thx - just my 2 peneth worth - carry on people!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Maybe it is time to see the light......Recordnow is shining....LOL

Actually I have never touched Nero since 5.5.5.9.17......this was the only version I got to work the best.....but since migrated to Recordnow.......

However, even though I see all the Nero issues with version 6 I think I shall have to trial it as, most of the issues here are Nero related and as I am out of touch with the latest Ahead has to offer.....my help is getting very limited....and find myself jsut reading about Nero problems rather than helping to troubleshoot them........

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yep i gave nero v6.0.0.0 ago and it sucked!
    i gave nero v6.0.2.3 ago it sucked!

i skipped nero v6.0.2.8 on principle!

so i thought this nero v6.3.0.0 with bugs sorted would work! well it failed from the offset!

i do like nero but its a sad world that this very well known app is failing by the wayside!

i will wait i think now to try nero again!

till version say nero v7.0.0.0 that will be 13,000 thousand updates/bug fixes in a month! LOL

And yes! sorry nero i am going to investigate recordnow max and others that i can find to suit all my needs!

thx...

4. mkm

mkm Member

Help,

I just bought a Dell that came with RecordNow Version 6. It also has in it "MyDVD" LE version 5.0

I have used the trial version of Nero6 and have success so far. But now I either have to buy Nero6 or figure out if "Record Now 6" / "MyDVD LE version 5.0" will burn DVD's after "Shrink"

Please advise me which way to go.

Is there anything around detailing the steps for MyDVD?

Mark

5. kieran32

kieran32 Guest

always figure out if the "free" software that came with your hardware will do the job......usually I am disappointed but it is worth a shot.

I paid for the Nero upgrade from V5 to Ultra 6 etc. the money was well spent for me. i have used DVD shrink and continue to, but recode2 has been a great little program. and the burning software has been most reliable, provided it was installed on a winxp machine. win98se could not handle nero 6.0

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

i would learn go for recordnow max and check me sig for usage guides

thx..

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Still using [bold]Nero 6 Ultra [/bold] & everything works lovely , DVD-Video , .bin & .cue images , VCD etc etc : )

I have d/l Nero 6.3 but am a little sceptical in trying it out , would rather hear of everyone elses nightmares so I dont have to make the mistake first (lol)

Thank You - Please.

8. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

People, people, people...use Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe and you wont have problems. Hehehehe. I use Nero only to create music Cd's incase I successfully create coasters, it will be cheap coasters. But seriously, since I discovered RecordNow I have never used anything else in burning DVD's.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    CloneDVD/AnyDVD
    Dvd2one/Nero6Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003