1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero version 7 & burning avi files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by paulsiam, Oct 28, 2007.

1. paulsiam

paulsiam Member

i am new to Nero, and to burning movies. Very primitive! I have a movie in avi format. I have a DVD-RW. I have nero Burning Rom version 7.10. Can I burn this file to the DVd and then play it on the DVD player? How to go about this? I tried using the "Nero Start Smart" but by the time I get to the burn button I always get the error message "Transcoding of videos failed." What to do?
    Thanks
    paul

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

There is a very good guide by alkohol, in my sig, I would suggest you check it out.

Nero guide by alkohol http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

BTW: This is a Nero question and should be in the Nero forum, I will ask to have it moved, Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

teleported to Nero forum

4. paulsiam

paulsiam Member

thanks for the article by alkohol. I will give it a try. This means, if I understand correclty, that I cannot convert/transcode the avi file if I use start smart...? it has to go through the proposed option only?

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

StartSmart is simply the "front door" to all the Nero applications. You process your .avi with Nero Vision 4. You do not have to open Vision with StartSmart, but you can if you want to. It just makes it easier to find the program.
    You can also try:
    Start > All Programs > Nero 7 Ultra edition > Photo and Video > Nero Vision.

Part of the confusion is that Alkohol's guide is missing the first couple of pictures:
    Here is his updated guide:
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide3.html

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@fasfrank, thanks for the link to alkohols new guide, I have now replaced it in my sig..Cheers.

7. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

You can always use Nero express and burn the .avi as a data disk, provided your player supports the format.