1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero video_TS trouble

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paulsy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

apologies for posting this query again but i did'nt get any replys before,my problem is this,after downloading an avi file i converted it using vso-divx to dvd no problem..then when i tried to put it in the video_TS folder i got the following error message..
    The following files may not reside in the video_TS directory of a dvd compiliation only compliant dvd video files etc etc,i then tried the same thig with avi's which i had already successfuly burnt and got the same error,is there something wrong with my software or am i doing something wrong.Could it be the nero thingy i got in this bundle?I know there is a better version buti'm trying to work on a tight budget,any ideas....all the best P.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

use nero vision express to open the file/re-encode them to dvd compliant files/make dvd. you cant just chuck any type of file onto a dvd and expect it to work in a standalone. it has to be authored first.
    Also, if after a day or two you dont get a reply to your post, post a new message IN original post like 'bump' to get yourself back onto front page (dont do this every hour though, its considered poor form)

3. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya Deadcat i already had the avi file encoded,is nero vision express the same as nero express the latter of which i have,if it is i can't find the file to re-encode,i just feel like giving up..P

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

nero vision express (NVE) is different, you can download it and the latest versions of nero/media player from aheads website. Whast have you authored the avi as??

5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Nero Express and NeroVision Express are not the same. Nero Express is just a front end to Nero Burning ROM. You may still have NeroVision Express, and just not know it.

If you have a Nero "Smartstart" icon, click on that, select "DVD", and then select "Make your own DVD-Video." This will open up NeroVision Express.

Or, click on Start|All Programs and look for the Nero folder. Inside that will be folders for various Nero applications, and one of them will be a folder for NeroVision Express. Inside it will be the icon to launch NeroVision Express.

6. paulsy

paulsy Member

not quite sure what you mean "author the avi as",i was putting them through vso_divx to dvd and letting it do it's job and as i say everything was working great,got a few movies burnt of able to watch them on my stand alone decent quality and now the video_ts folder won't even reconise the ones that i previously burnt when i try to put them into the folder..think i'll go and kick the dog again....P

7. paulsy

paulsy Member

bazilla..tried everything you suggested word for word,no joy i'm afraid, just got nero express,can't see nve anywhere.