1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4.9.7.2 is jerky on DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lozoyad, Feb 7, 2008.

1. lozoyad

lozoyad Member

I'm trying to burn an M2TS (AVCHD) file to SD DVD. Nero Vision lets me do this just fine but the resulting video is jerky when played back on my HD Samsung Plasma. I have tried various high quality combinations and all result in the same jerky video. I also tried Ulead DVD Moviefactory (came with my Canon HG10), that DVD video is not jerky but the quaility is not as good as the Nero Vision DVD video. Here are my Nero Vision settings -

Smart Encoding - auto
    Quality - Custom
    Sample Format - progressive (tried Auto too)
    bit Rate - 8000 kbit/s
    resolution - 720x480
    encoding mode - 2-pass VBR
    Aspect Ratio 16:9 (tried Auto too)
    Audio - Auto

Again, the burned DVD is a little jerky...any help will be appreciated!

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

What brand of discs are you using and what is your burn speed.

3. lozoyad

lozoyad Member

Don't think its the Media...I use TDK and burn at 16X. I will add that I have not had issues with jerkiness using other authoring apps...just Nero Vision 4.

I also just downloaded Nero 8 (Nero Vision 5) and it worked just fine without jerkiness...so it appears to be related to Nero 4 software release. I guess its time to upgrade!

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

its probably BOTH your media and burn speed. more than likely the TDK you have will code out as cmc mag one of the worst brands on the market. Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim is your best choice. also DON'T burn at 16x max back it down to 8x max. you may have luck burning the TDK at 4x or 6x max so try that but next time buy better blank media

also check and make sure you have the most up to date firmware for your drive/burner, check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

5. lozoyad

lozoyad Member

hhmm. Interesting. But like I said no issues with the newer version of Nero Vision (5). However, as I no longer have Nero 4 installed (was forced to remove when upgraded to Nero 5) I cannot test out your theory about the crappy TDK media. Next time I see jerkiness will down the recording speed to 8x...and will certainly take your suggestion to heart about going with better media.

You said Verbatim was good, any other suggestions?

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you say you "will down the recording speed to X8...Hopefully not burning @ higher than X12...especially with the TDK discs...

Sony and Taiyo Yuden, the other good media.

As for the TDK media, unless you got them a few years back when they were still making them in Japan, they are junk. Do as you please, and if you think people are talking out of their arses when advising you, read some forum posts, like the following:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/623303

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

LMAO!! ^^^^^

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Isn't it funny how many times the response is "I DON'T think it's the discs"....it's like we know nothing.....maybe we should stop blaming these good quality discs that are being used.

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I can understand why, wasting 30 bucks or so on some junk media throws people in denial...they hope the money wasn't wasted, and actually the discs are good.
    Well, it's not always a waste,they can get a shotgun and use the CMCs as target practice, instead of clay pigeons. Or, take some Ninja lessons, and learn to use the junk discs as flying weapons!

10. lozoyad

lozoyad Member

For crying out load folks...get a life.

I got it...bad disks...I confirmed that. I was naive into thinking I could actually get some decent dialogue going on this forum.

But listen up - how do you explain the simple fact that my issue has completely gone away. Not one of you has addressed that. You’re stuck in your little ruts going about discounting the media. I will give you that much credit...there is better media and I thank the ones that provided that info. But read what I'm saying...problem is gone. It was a software issue as I suspected all along. Not once have I seen the jerkiness issue rear its head before...until I started using Nero 4. Then I upgraded to Nero 5 and it vanished. Although it wasn't the media I do indeed appreciate the suggetions and will purchase diff media next time. And please do not treat me like some knucklehead, I'm a techy (Oracle DBA, Unix, RAC, Grid computing...cut my teeth on assembler), degree in Computer Science...and all that stuff. I simply didn't realize the media issue...an obvious newbie in regards to DVD authoring.

It's a shame that not one of you offered a working solution to the software issue...not one...see where I'm coming from?

So now that I have stirrd up the pot a little...relax and forget what I said...it ain't worth it. I'm not a bad ass...just a guy trying to get some info. If you like go to my website and check out my hobby, its my escape, hopefully you too can enjoy it as many others have -

www.davidlozoya.com

Again, thanks to the ones that offered suggestions on the media. I will take that into account next time I shop for DVD blanks.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

LOL!!
    C'mon, can't one relax and have some fun? Sorry I forgot to include my smiley faces in the messages:~)

Nero( Nero Vision especially) it is known for instability. Out of sync video/audio, jerky image...Depending on what codecs ones might have installed on their machine,that might conflict with Nero's codecs, some people even got a up-side-down image( Nero's codecs conflicting with some old Xvid codec).

I spent 3 hours installing/uninstalling/reinstalling Nero 7.10.1.2. Once, options were missing, like the inability to select DVD5 or DVD9 in Nero Express. Second time, nero Vision would not encode past the menus, and nero ShowTime had no sound. third time I installed it, all those problems went away( I wonder what is waiting for me though!!)
    So, as you can see, it was all in the installation process.

The only time I got a jerky video, was while using DVD Flick. The image had like split-seconds, intermittent pauses. However, for me, the cause it was multi-tasking, and I knew it, since I was using same good media as ever, and burning at a safe speed. Did the same movie again, left it alone and came out with no blemishes.

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you would have provided a Nero history log for us to examine then sone of us, although we arent as qualified as you,
    would have taken a look to see if the problem could be located...the piddly little bit of info you supplied was not enough to make a final call.

As for your statements

and this

My suggestion...not happy...GO ELSEWHERE

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the problem with inferior media (mostly cmc mag) is can playback fine at first then a few months later it can have problems , read errors playback problems etc.

Verbatim is good stuff you can find at Best Buys etc. Taiyo Yuden is harder to find instore you have to look for Sony or Fujifilm 8x speed media thats "Made In Japan" which is a tall order nowadays the best option is getting them online at supermedaistore.com

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  14. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Nero 6 is not in this game,lozoyad had Nero Vision 4, upgraded to Nero Vision 5, which is part of Nero 8.

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

ok i missed the Vision my mistake