1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4 stutters and freezes during playback

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tlayne, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

I'm using Nero Vision 4 to create photo and video compelation DVD of my kid's first year. When I go to play the DVD back on a computer using a DVD drive other than the burner, and a non Nero DVD program it runs smoothly. When I play it on my TV using a standard DVD player there's two spots that will always freeze up and most of the video clips stutter and lag behind the audio. The photo parts, the sound, and the transitions all work great, just keeps hanging up in those two spots and stuttering.

When creating the disc the preview runs smoothly and looks great. I've tried writing at 16x, 12x, and even slowed it done to 4x in last night's burn attempt. What else can I try?

2. CFSACKS

CFSACKS Member

You must be using the latest download of Vision (4.9.5.7-March 20). I am experiencing the same thing. I will be trying to go back to an earlier version. Another problem is that it will no longer accept mov files. When you get a version that works, stay with it. Every time I try an updated version, something is broke.

3. Bruce999

Bruce999 Regular member

I have experienced the same thing, and I have experienced it consistently now with five different slideshows. In every case, it plays fine on the PC, with several different software players. In every case, the final burn to a DVD will cause weird "stuttering" and "lockups" and "freezing" to occur. This is reproducible on four DVD players in my house, so it is not a player issue. It is reproducible even if I try to use other programs to do the actual burn (so it is not a mere burning issue). It is reproducible on two different PCs, both running Win XP. It is reproducible even though I use the best-respected blank DVDs (Taiyo Yuden and Verbatims). The problem occurs back at the encoding phase, and somehow the problem is not one which bothers the various software playing programs out there (Nero's own, Windows MediaPlayer, Roxio's player, Windows Media Classic, and ATI's player).

I have sent Nero a head's up / complaint regarding this issue. Because of what I have read from others, I expect I will hear nothing for weeks, and even then I am likely to do a slow burn when I open their first response -- "Which Windows are you running?"

The irony -- I upgraded (and paid for the Ultra Version) so that I could complete a major project, that required Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. I wasted two weeks trying to diagnose it. I finally downloaded Sony's stuff (ugggh!) just so I could complete the project. I finished this project at 9:00 this morning, using their own lousy stuff. Now, I no longer need this , and I miss my version 6, which at least worked as advertised.

To quote a terrific author who just passed away yesterday: "So It goes..."

-Bruce