1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero vision 4 won't open

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sagman82, Jan 15, 2007.

1. sagman82

sagman82 Member

I recently bought a camcorder and a dvd burner with the Nero software. I just updated the nero software using the NeroProductSetup, and now I can't open Nero Vision 4. The error says "NeroVision.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." My current version is 4.7.0.16. What do i do???? It was working before I got updates.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi sagman82
    Try completely uninstalling Nero (write down serial # 1st), run the clean tool.

Reboot then run a registry cleaner like ccleaner. Use the cleaner and issues options.
    Now reinstall Nero. You can download the latest version here.

Reboot and try and open Vision.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. sagman82

sagman82 Member

Thanks binkie7, I'll try this tonight.

This is a dumb question, but after I run the clean tool, do I install Nero from my original installation CD then download/install the nero 7 updates OR just download/install the nero 7 updates without any step after uninstalling nero?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a dumb question at all.

After you uninstall Nero just install from the download - this should give you a clean install. You'd probably have to update to the latest version if installed from the cd.
    The cd should have your serial # written on the paper sleeve.