1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision crashing

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mshack1, Mar 16, 2007.

1. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I'm usning Vista Ultimate. I have used VOB2MPG to create a playable format for my xbox360 extenders for several movies. I now want to take that single mpg file and convert is back to a playable dvd file to burn to disc.

Everytime i run nero vision to convert the mpg file to dvd file on my hard drive , nero vision crashes and the nero smartstart opens up. Sometimes it reboots my pc. I have tried this process on over 10 different files , about 50% of the way through the process the same thing happens. I have uninstalled with nero clean tool and reinstalled 3 times and problem still exists. I am usning nero 7.7.5.1 with nero vision 4.9.0.18

Any ideas on why this is crashing. I have also tried to rename the NEVideo.ax file, but that results in the files not even being able to be seen.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Vision may be clashing w/ Vista on your pc.
    Only Burning Rom and Express are Vista 'certified' w/ Nero.

You can try Nero support and see if they have any advice or update on when the rest of the apps in Nero 7 will be compatible w/ Vista.

Another option is to try another program. ConvertXtoDVD says it supports Vista. Has a free trial but leaves a watermark.
    Might be a good idea to try it and see if the problem just lies w/ Nero.
    link.

Not sure if the trial will burn too but if if doesn't you can use Burning Rom or Express to burn the file.

3. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

thnaks for the tip, i've installed convertxtodvd and it works. Only problem now is, the playback of the converted files are VERY choppy when burned to dvd or played from HDD with any of my media players.

Any ideas ???

4. binkie7

Do you still have the original files (before using Vob2MPG)?

What format did you convert from to mpg?

5. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

i backed up original dvd using nero recode to hdd, then converted those vob files with vob2mpg.

6. binkie7

Ok do you still have the files on the hard drive from recode or the original dvd?
    I'm guessing you don't? Cause the Recode files could just be burned w/ Burning Rom or Express.

From original dvd to mpeg and back again - well will have some quality loss - would depend on compression used.
    You can try other programs by svcd2dvd and see if they do any better.
    A few others I can think of don't have Vista as being supported but may not do better than ConvertXDVD