1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 2 - MP2 Video & Audio Out of Sync

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by psdynpt, Nov 21, 2003.

1. psdynpt

psdynpt Member

I capture an MPEG2 avi + wav files, then simply try to use them in Nero to make a simple DVD. Even though this basic operation works with Sonic MyDVD, Sonic DVDIt and TMPG DVD Author, Nero Vision Express misreads the length of the avi file.

In the NVE 2 video edit mode, you can see the lengths of the video and audio files on the timeline to be different, although the original files are exactly the same length and work correctly several other DVD authoring programs. Video files of the length of, say, 54:00.20 are displayed as 53:22.73, while the audio is shown correctly as 54:00.20. Result - audio on the DVD out of synch. Both the audio wav file and video MPEG-2 file were produced by a Matrox RT2500 video capture card - these files worked correctly in Sonic MyDVD, Sonic DVDIt and TMPG DVD Author.
    Help!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Here are 5 very important words "Nero Vision Express Sucks Sh*t" and You should not be useing it...The Problem is that Nero Vision Express Re-Encodes your Captured Mpeg files which Not only ruins the Quality but also ruins the Sync in Some cases...You say that the Files work fine in other Programs Right?? Then why in the world would you want to be useing the Worlds Worst Program when you have programs like Sonic DVDit which are clearly superior..(Actually everything is superior to NVE)

3. psdynpt

psdynpt Member

Thank you for your reply.

I was hoping to take advantage of Nero's [bold]AC3-2ch. audio compression[/bold], so that I can create longer DVDs. Are there any other tools that can author a DVD movie with AC3 sound? Or [bold]should I just forget about AC3 and use MP2 audio compression[/bold], although it is not as compatible with older DVD players?

I did try Sonic DVDIt and found it slow and very buggy.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Yuri[/small]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well You can allways just get an AC3 encoder, Some are a Bitch to work with because most will only accept Mono Wav files as the audio source so you end up haveing to split your Wav audio into seperate chanels but I"m sure that overall it would be a great improvement over useing NVE..I personally use "Vegas Video 4" to encode my Audio files to AC3 sterio or AC3 5.1 audio it has a Very High quality ac3 encoder and is one of the best Video editors on the market ..There is also one Freeware AC3 encoder on the net, it is called "Besweet" but I have never been able to get it to work Properly...There are also DVD authoring Program that Have AC3 encodeing support, I thought DVDit 2.54 PE has AC3 encodeing but I might be mistaken, but I know Sonic DVD producer does, There is also an Old AC3 encoder called "soft Encode" that is basicly freeware these days and can be found on some Freeware sites...If you PM me with your E-mail I might be able to find it or a different one for you....Cheers