1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero vision express 2 ??????wathefffffffff????????????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by XdjxedxdX, Aug 24, 2004.

1. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

is nero that nuch of a messed up prog that it takes 36 hours to transcode a movie to dvd or did i do sumtin wrong cause its working cause the video window is showing the movie as its being done so i know its working but 36 hours is funkin ridiculous

project on its 29th hour only about 7 to go WOO HOO
    {if you couldnt tell that was some heavy sarcasm}

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

PC specs?

File format you're converting from?

File size before conversion?

3. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

ok heres the kicker ready
    \this probly says it all/

E-MACHINES T1090
    900mhz intell celeron processor
    128mb syncDRAM
    20gb hard drive ultra dma/66
    win xp

windows media audio/video file

whoa it just finished as im typing 36 hours later its a good thing i didnt have nuttin else to do on the comp lol and it works great just sucks its gotta take this long lol

4. 64026402

64026402 Active member

What size was the avi file?

5. actech

actech Regular member

1. you should not do anything ANYTHING with yuor computer while it is encoding, burning etc.

6. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

ya i know i shouldn do nothing while im burning something but i really wasnt worried about it cuz it was going to take so long in the first place and i was testing it to see how much of a difference it actually had on it and i saw no change just cause it was going so slow in the first place probably but anyway i had 2 files one was about 900mb and the other about 600mb and i made chapters, menus and the hold 9 for the dvd but i cant see that making it 36 hours lol thats just nuts

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You do have a very slow system, but even with that in mind that is pretty slow.

How much hard drive space do you have free? Is the Hard Drive defragmented? What is the speed of the drive? We recommend not using anything lower than 7200RPM for hard drives.

Do you have any programs running in the background?
    Before launcing our software, how much of a load is already on your CPU?

Regards,

Craig

8. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

i have about 80% space left i just recently rebooted it cause it a piece of shpoopit and needs a bit of athourity every now and then e-machines says it all this is the 4th comp ive had on this warrenty that i have on this machine . No i didnt defrag it in awhile i was trying that this morning but didnt get to finish it im at work now but will try when i get home im on my cell right now. top speed of my burner is 4x . Im not sure what the rpm is for it i will find out later. I had no programs running when i did this except when i was testing >

9. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

except for when i was testing it to see if the speed actually slowed or not i didnt see a difference but that could have been from how slow it was going already but i only did this for maybe an hour out of the 36. as far as i know there was on load on the comp i had nothing running sept for nero i disabled virus scanner and had only nero going so im not sure what else it could be im going to try it again when i get home ill let you know then see ya ed d

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

XdjxedxdX
    Please don't take this personally but!!!!!!!

Your system is slow really slow and with a celeron even slower and with only 128 megs of memory and XP. Even a system at that speed running a P3 would crawl. I would disable everything I have running, up my paging file, use the lowest quality settings with recode that is possible, and backup the movie only. Windows XP doesn't do that well with only 128 megs of memory let alone trying to transcode a movie. If your PC is busy transcoding, what did you use to convey this info with? Don't use your PC while it's transcoding.

11. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

XdjxedxdX...

I would have to go along with what Sophocles has said. Basically, you don't have enough system resourses to do the job. XP has a nice utility ... Do Ctrl-Alt-Del >> Task Manager >> Performance. This will give you a real-time CPU and memory usage graph. You will see that XP occupies a little over 100 MB of your 128 MB memory. If anything else is running in the background, like anti-virus, this will also take memory. This doesn't leave much for anything else. I would suggest you then launch Recode ... and then see how system resources get maxed out.

While your system can handle surfing and word processing OK, video encoding and CAD apps are the most demanding there is...being both CPU and memory intensive. If you want to try backing up a DVD, I would suggest adding at least another 128 MB RAM, and using Shrink 3.2 w/Nero to burn. Then, if you do a straight encode without any enhancements, I think you should be able to encode a DVD in about 2 to 3 hours.

12. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

thanx guys thats what i thought would slow it down a bit but i didnt expect a 36 hour transcodeing thats just funkin insaine well i got other ways to get around it i guess i have this program called svcd2dvdmpg but everytime i use it it cuts the audio out on me

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

XdjxedxdX

You could do this since you probably have a socket 370 board. Get rid of the celeron and replace it with the highest P3 you can find, at least 1 GHZ and add as much CASL2 memory as your system will hold.

Go here and buy this, when you buy make sure it has the coppermine core.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=19-114-137&DEPA=1

Now go here at get two sticks of this and if your system can hold three sticks you might want to get 3.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-511&depa=1

The total upgrade will cost you $193 but it will tripple your systems power.

14. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

It probably makes more sense now that you know you only had 10 to 15 MB's of RAM to do the job. I'm really surprized your system just didn't freeze up on you.

15. 64026402

64026402 Active member

For the price you could get 2.0 ghz plus with the memory and motherboard for AMD. You could even go P4 for just a few dollars more.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-335&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-185-010&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-217&depa=1

If there was little upgrade skill then a bare bones setup would prove cheap and usefull.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=56-157-002&depa=1

Just a thought.

16. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks 6402 for the research. I've got to replace my son's computer, and this just might be the way I go.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'd go with the CPU and even the memory but I wouldn't touch the board with a ten foot pole. The P3 is actually faster than the early willamette P4s. Then one has to consider if he has integrated video.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  18. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

On second thought, nix the MoBo. And stay away from PCChips for any thing, including motherboards. Support is terrible.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

20. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Luckily I use an eleven foot pole when working with PCchips.
    Credit Felix the cat and Master Cylinder