1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero vision express 2 ??????wathefffffffff????????????

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by XdjxedxdX, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

In my early days of building I used a couple of PC chip boards and what I got was a board wrought with compatibility issues and sub standard performance. I was lucky the people I built them for didn't toss them on my front porch along with a cancelled check statement. The motherboard is in my view the most important component of a system. Now since he has an E-Machine it's possible that he may already have a PC Chips board.

6402 an extra foot on that stick isn't going to help. I'm with you on everything but the board.

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I haven't had trouble with a PCComps board per se ... the mobo driver CD developed cracks, and PCComps Support wouldn't even respond to my emails inquiring how to repalce the CD, or to hekp me find the proper drivers. So my board is collecting dust.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I will never purchase a cheap board again. Even when they work they end up sucking the performance out of the rest of the system.

5. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

And it sounds like whatever XdjxedxdX has, he has been having a lot of trouble with it.

Soph & 6402 ... what board(s) do you recommend?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small].
    [​IMG]

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
    (William James 1842 - 1910)
    [/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DOH!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Are we still talking budget or are we talking performance to price ratio?

For performance to price ration I'd recommend this board, largely because I already have one in my wifes system with An XP 2500+ @ 3200+(Barton core). It has dual channel memory which is a must as far as I'm concerned.
    Accelerated Graphics Port Pro (I use only Pro graphics cards).

$77.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-455&depa=1

8. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Performance to price. It's also getting difficult to find a new board that still supports standard SDRAM. Most are now DDR.

I have 3 identical Matsonic (cheapo) boards running P4 - 2.66 and onboard agp graphics. They do have an AGP 4X slot. I'm wondering what I am missing by not having a graphics card? I don't do games.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc

For surfing and word processing you might not be missing anything important. Even if that was all I was going to do I'd still prefer not to be stuck with a board without an AGP.

10. actech

actech Regular member

just curious if you've ever had to use asus tech support before? i wasn't impressed with them on a video card problem. they just would not respond. i've never had problems with my shuttle (ak31a) to need actual support (3 yrs.old ) but i did pester them about how far i could upgrade my processor and the responded quickly. afterdawn of course was my tech support for the video card,a reply in 30 min.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

actech

I buy only their boards, I find their graphics cards a little overpriced when compared to equivalent cards by other manufacturers.

12. actech

actech Regular member

and i thought the few extra bucks would be for a better card, there i go thinking again.

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Well, I have a Visiontek Xtasy card that is both a TV and a graphics card. When I install it I get all sorts of IRQ conflicts. Even MP3's studder when they play. I don't ahve these performance problems when it gone from the system. I know that this is not the way all graphics cards are, but I have never had the benefit of knowing what a good one will do.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I bought the HIS Excalibur IceQ ATI 9800 pro for $239. The Asus equivalent was about the same price but without the Heatsink and Fan.

[​IMG]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! I probably could have found a smaller picture. LOL

Now that's more like it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

16. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I am looking at ATI for another TV/Graphics card combo. ATI does enjoy a good reputation.

17. 64026402

64026402 Active member

WOW!
    Thats a lot of posts for being gone a few hours.

My personal machines are all name brand AMD duallies. They didn't have low cost versions.
    My favorite is ASUS for performance and Tyan for reliability. I don't buy single boards for personal use anymore. But I build a lot of singles for others.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's a cinch to say that this thread has been diverted from its original intent. We should be in the hardware forum.

19. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

wow thanx guys for all the info i wasnt aware i could change all that in the first place and ya e=machines says it all aint exagerating either 4th comp and counting i would probly do everything you say but the fact of the matter is im just dealing wirth this prehistoric rock till i can convince bestbuy there product is yet another piece of shit all the other ones we've had the mother boards fried and tech support from them is like trying to hook up a cell phone with a prepay plane you get to know the music they play on the hold by heart lol they wont fix the comps directly they always say go to your retailer when bestbuy is telling me i have to go to them one big circle lol ya this comp is on its last leg and its going back ive had enough of it it will restart on its own crash when it wants to even if is just sitting there playing the screen saver and nuttin else going on and heres one for the record books the damb thing likes to turn its self on if i get fed up with it and shut it down give it about half the night and there it is powering up all by its lonesum feaky the first time it did it i just kinda staired at it going this cant be they just dont do that lol but it did funkin things possesed lmao

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

djxedxdX

Hmm! Wasn't quite sure we were doing you a service anymore but apparently we were. All of us have been hanging together for a few months and we tend to get carried away with little or no prompting (now that's and understatement).

If you want a PC that's going hold up, you really ought to build it yourself, then you become your own service department.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]