1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO Vision Express 3 Burn Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kjjack, Jan 21, 2005.

1. kjjack

kjjack Member

I've got a problem. I used Nero Express for the first time to burn 4 - 30 minute .mpg files, tv shows recorded from a TV capture card, to a DVD. I created a menu on the disc, with four chapters. I let it adjust quality to fit on the DVD. It took approx. 3 hours to encode and burn to the disc, which showed as being successful.
    It plays on my pc using Nero Showtime, but it will not work on any of my 3 DVD players in my house. It just spins for a minute then says "No Disc". What is going on? I'd hate to have to wait 3 hours each time I want to try it again.

2. mattallen

mattallen Guest

Hi. there is a few things you can try. 1st of all what dvd disc are you using eg dvd-r/dvd+, and does the dvd players read these disc. also instead of trying to burn 4 files just try 1 small avi file

3. BakanKami

BakanKami Member

Try it in a software DVD player not made by Nero. That way you at least know other things should be able to read it.

What brand are the DVD players? Some brands specifically make their players so they can't read recorded media (Sony used to do this, I don't know if they changed). This is due to some sort of mental defect I beleive genetic in nature.

I've got a cheap Symphonic player ($40 at Wal-Mart) that will read discs made with Nero Express 2. I keep it in my trunk for emergencies.

4. rick930

rick930 Member

If you're using NevoVision 3 to do this, which is what I've been trying to us as well, then you're not alone with the problems. Half the time I can't even get the program to transcode and burn an entire disc, it tends to error out about 50% of the way through the process. NeroVision 2 worked just fine for me, but I switched to version 3 because it allowed you to renumber the episodes on the menu, whereas version 2 would always label starting with #1.

So far I haven't found any way to fix these problems, and I know several other people that also have experienced these similar issues. I spoke with my dad the other day who said he's discovered that Sony's Vegas program seems to work really well, but it's an expensive program to get a hold of. He does a lot of DVD editing and said that compared to Nero Express the Sony Vegas program is a dream to use. :p

Now I've read a few other forums where people have mentioned using DvDLab as an alternative. While they say its not as user friendly as NeroVision, they do say that the finished product works quite well. Maybe its worth the hassle to give it a try, I know I'm going to. ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005