1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 3 - Importing DVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by tc55, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tc55

tc55 Member

I am having problems importing files from a DVD recorded on a standalone DVD recorder

I use the Add Files option in Vision Express and then select the .vob file from the VIDEO_TS directory on the DVD

After reading the file and analyzing it what I get in the Media Files window is dozens of small chunks instead of one continuous file.

When I add the "movie" to the Timeline each chunk is a
    separate "chapter"

The problem is that when I go to the next stage and burn the DVD or preview it, the transition between each chunk is not clean

With Vision Express 2 the imported video was just one large continuous file.

Is there some way to get Vision Express 3 to import it as one continous file and not split it into dozens of segments ????

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

This is a known bug and being looked into now. It only occurs when you choose the Make Movie option and import.

If you launch Nero Vision Express 3, select Make DVD->DVD-Video and then import your VOB files this will not occur.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. tc55

tc55 Member

Hi Craig,

thanks for your reply

I tried what you suggested, but still the same problem

if I try to get the files from the "Import Disk" it says no valid disk found

if I try the "Add Video Files" and select a .vob file, the imported file still has multiple segments

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi TC55,

Try upgrading to our latest Nero Vision 3.0.1.14, just posted today on our website, as this may be addressed in this build. I've not yet tested or checked the bug tracking system to confirm if it is or not.

If it's not addressed here, then As for the error message of no valid disc found, instead of using the Import optoin, use the ADD option and manually select the VOB files.

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. tc55

tc55 Member

thanks craig

I will download the update

I did try the ADD option, but it still did the same thing with multiple segments

It used to work fine in NVE2 ?

Also, I have a problem importing from disks recorded in VR mode - I can manually select the .VRO file and seems to import ok but there is a crackling sound all the way through - again, this did not happen in version 2

any ideas ?

at the moment all I can seem to do is have another version of Nero installed on a different partition - but this means I have to reboot every time I want to switch between NVE2 and NVE3 to do different things

I hope there is a solution soon

thanks
    Terry

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Terry,

Normally I would just test this and get back to you with the results, but all of December I am traveling and I have no time.

So if you do not mind, see if the Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.14 resolves your issue. If it does not, respond back here and I will create a bug report while on the road. My response time will be slow, but I will follow through. :)

Hopefully the new NVE will resolve your issues so you do not need to have two versions installed on seperate paritions.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

7. tc55

tc55 Member

Hello Craig,

sorry I haven't got back sooner, but I have spent quite a lot of time trying various options - I believe I have now worked out what is going on!

1. the reason I couldn't get the Import Disk option to work was that I was using a DVD-ROM drive to read the disk - when I tried it in the DVD burner I was able to read and import the individual files on the disk as expected - this worked ok for both Video Mode and VR Mode disks and there was no segmentation problem

2. the problem with the sound from VR Mode disks, which I mentioned before, only happens with programs recorded in FINE mode on the DVD Recorder - if they are recorded in SP or LP mode there is no clicking noise - I tried importing it with NVE2 and the problem doesn't happen, so it looks to be some issue with NVE3

3. something else of interest which I found along the way - I tried using other programs to convert the .VRO file to mpeg, but discovered the "audio sync" problem - after a bit of research on other forums I found some info on why this happens and how to re-sync the audio - apparently if you edit the programs on the DVD recorder then you will get this sync problem - the good news is that Nero seems to deal with this problem, and if you import programs from a VR mode disk which has been edited there is no problem at all with the audio being out of sync with the picture.

4. so the only problem I have now is importing VR mode disks recorded in FINE mode into NVE3 - perhaps you can log this as something to be looked at

thanks again for your help

Terry

8. Booooom

Booooom Guest

Hello,
    I have a question about NVE3.
    Is there a way to convert a 700MB avi to MPEG2 in SVCD format, however not to 1 disc rather to 2 or 3 discs? (thus i will retain a very high bps)
    Thanks

9. tc55

tc55 Member

I haven't done much with the CD options, but it looks as if the highest quality for SVCD is Standard Play, but I don't know how much will fit on one disk?

When you import the AVI file does it say it will not fit on one disk and ask if you want to compress it to fit? If so, answer No, and then edit the file into smaller chunks that will fit on one disk each

10. Booooom

Booooom Guest

Hey,
    The problem is that I don't see such an option in NeroVision Express3. If the file is too big to be fitted into one disc, I will have to adjust the Bit Rate otherwise I get a warning saying: "Your project currently requires more disc space than available on the selected destination device."
    I don't know how to change it so Nero will be instructed to burn the project on 2-3 disc.
    Thanks.